BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 2, 2009

Capital T

So in reviewing the capital T today, we were talking about things that would start with a capital T. I reminded them that names always start with a capital letter. I called on a boy in our class named Tyler and told them that Tyler would really have to know how to write the capital T because his name started with it. I also mention that Mrs. Thompson would have to have it down because Thompson started with a T. My teacher's aide Ms. Washington's first name is Tonya so she has to know the capital T very well also.

Then I see a little hand go up, so I call on her. I knew her name didn't have a capital T in it, but I was curious to see what she was going to say.

"My name after Bartlebaugh (her last name) but before rockstar starts with a capital T!"

My thoughts exactly...huh?!?!? Ms. Washington and I exchanged glances and I decided to dig a little further. Olivia then told me her WHOLE name...and I made her tell me several times! I even wote it on the board...are you ready???

This is her WHOLE name:

Olivia Rose Bartlebaugh Tinkerbell Rockstar Sam

I am NOT joking! I laughed SO hard. She LOVES anything tinkerbell, she sings all the time and apparently the show icarly has someone named Sam that she really likes (I asked her if it was after me...haha!)

Later in the day I called her that several times. She just smiled and went about her business. Then she informed me that I don't have to call her by ALL of her names. Just Olivia!

SO CUTE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a creative child! So Cute!

Liz said...

That's the BEST name EVER!!! I wish I was that creative as a child!

Megan said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm sure Allison would do something like that! She often puts on Mike's headphones and says she's a rockstar. It's cute.

H said...

How crazy is that...very cute:) Thanks for your prayers at your Bible study...it does my heart ENORMOUS good to know you're getting the word out...every prayer counts!!! Love you and can't wait until you get your butt up here:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I just found this about my own child. I just happened to google her name and this came up. It was so funny thinking back about this story 2 years later. What a wonderful memory. Thank you Mrs. Thompson for being her wonderful teacher. We will always remember you.