BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 21, 2010

To buy...not to buy...to buy...not to buy...

Oh Boy!!! The time has come for Clint and I to get really serious about buying our first home! This was something we wanted to to when we first got married, but everything was SO unsure. My job, his job, location, etc. Of course, all of that is still "unsure" because one never knows what tomorrow will bring, BUT, we have decided to step out on faith and see where it takes us!

I have been pondering taking this step for a while. I had been seeing "the house" on my drive home from work everyday. I would see it, then my mind would start to wander. I would start figuring out financial things in my head and think about Clint's reaction when I told him that I was thinking about it. Finally, (should have started sooner) I began to pray about it. I wanted so badly to make sure this was something the Lord wanted us to do. I've been praying for about a month...

Last week, Clint dropped off Millie with his parents for her first over-night outing. (She did GREAT, by the way) While having a quick lunch with his parents, they mentioned..."you know, you guys should really think about buying a house"...and went on to list the whys. Clint told them that he had really been thinking AND praying about it. When he told me of their conversation and that he had been thinking about it...I was SO thrilled! I know that was of the Lord! Sidenote: I am SO incredibly thakful to have a praying, God-honoring, Husband!

Clint went to the bank yesterday (He is furloughed this week) and had a meeting with a bank person about the first steps of getting a home loan! We both have great credit...(I was shocked about mine...long story!) and would be approved to get a loan at 4%!!!! CRAZY low!

At this point we are figuring out how we are going to come up with the 3.5% down payment, but we know that the Lord will provide.

Let the search begin! We want to make sure that we get THE house that God has for us and our little family!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

H said...

Yay! It's SOOOO fun to look! I'm ready to look again!:) Our house it bursting at the seams! Will it still be in Thomasville?

Me said...

Whooo hooo! Awesome news. I love house hunting. It's so much fun. This is a great new step and chapter for you guys! Enjoy the search and make sure you don't settle!!! Make a list of must-haves and stick to it!