BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Encouraged yet Cautious

So today was the first day since our vacation that I actually had to be somewhere! I enjoy my days of lounging, but a day like this every now and then isn't so bad!

I had a lunch date with my friend/teacher's aide, Ms. Washington. It is to the point now where I could call her Tonya, but it just seems so strange...I guess she will forever be Ms. Washington to me...that is until she marries Tim! Anyway, we went to Olive Garden for lunch...Yummy! And...I had a gift card from one of my students...nothing like FREE Olive Garden!

After lunch, I made my way back to the church to meet with two lovely ladies about the nursery manual....and a billion other things. I am so glad my new job came at the beginning of summer so I have some time to figure it all out before school starts again and I am doing both jobs. I prayed last night that the Lord would take away any feelings of being overwhelmed. I can't stand that feeling. He did it! He took them all away. As my list got longer and my questions became many...I did not feel overwhelmed whatsoever. Even when I left with a 32 page copy of the nursery manual to read and edit and have the final say on...not overwhelmed a bit! I got to speak with the new nursery director...yep, we are both new. She has been at the church about 3 years but was just a worker in the nursery, now she is the director. We are both forging our paths of unknown territory together. She is a blessing to me and in the 15 minute conversation we had, I learned so much! She has a husband who recently went through a kidney transplant and has two children (2 and 3) that both have autism. Yet...through that conversation, she was encouraging and positive and gave the Lord the glory! I am always amazed and humbled by people like that!

After that meeting I had some time to kill before my next meeting so I decided to go somewhere that I could accomplish much: air conditioned/coffee/shopping= the mall! I went to Barnes and Noble and had a frappachino and edited the entire nursery manual! Woohoo! I get to check that off the list! Then...I HAD to obey the Payless signs that were calling my name "BOGO Samantha!" So....two pairs of flip flops...mine! During this time I got a call from my love telling me that his belt broke again...so off to Ross I went. Got him a belt and decided to look for a much needed black dress for my dear friend Amber's wedding! I am the guest book girl and she requested a black dress! So...to pass a little more time before my next meeting...I parused(sp?) the shelves. I found one that I LOVE for $17!!! I was planning to spend about $50!!! I was so excited...I sent Amber a picture over text messaging and she too loved it and was excited!

Gees Louise I am writing a lot!

Off I went to my next meeting where we were provided with a wonderful supper from Longhorns. YUM again! Lots of notes/ideas/suggestions/ and concerns for the Children's ministry, but progress was made! Another time where I would normally have been overwhelmed...but I wasn't! HE did it again! I love my God! I went to church and was reminded once again of why we are here...what we are here for and WHO we serve!

A stop to walmart for dessert supplies for a cook out tomorrow and here I sit. A good day! Clint is off tomorrow and will be going back to the doctor. He had hernea surgery last september and is STILL having on and off pains. We just want to check it out. Please pray that he doesn't have to have another surgery!

I will keep you posted!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a busy girl! Enjoy your summer!

rickaren said...

whoa-- you are very busy! have fun at the cookout!