BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

FINALLY!

Hello there! So...I am just going to jump to the point...I FINALLY found out this past Monday that I am officially teaching 6th grade science next year! WOOHOO! I am so glad to have found out before summer officially begins! I can say goodbye to preschool...maybe not forever...but for now!

I have had outservice all week long! It has gone fairly well and being able to stretch all of my work and cleaning out over 4 whole days has been somewhat easy. Not a rushed situation at all. I have about 15 more minutes left in this Thursday work schedule and then I am off on my 40 minute drive. My classroom is spotless, chairs stacked, desks cleaned with much thanks to Magic Erasers and Goo-Gone! That stuff is amazing! My TV is covered with a trash bag and unplugged, and the floor is vacuumed quite nicely! It is hard to believe we are done. I know I say this every year at the end of the year, but it really is. It is harder for me to believe that I have completed my 5th year of teaching! Sheesh!

I have officially started my Children's coordinator position at the church. I don't really have much to do as it is all new. I have answered lots of email and listed to a lot of complaints/suggestions/words of wisdom. I really don't have rose colored glasses on...I am just trying to be positive and state the fact that I am doing this for the Lord and it is by His grace and mercy that I will be successful..not by myself. I know I have posted before about negative people, but I just have to say it again...THEY BOTHER ME! I am by no means, peppy positive all the time...but good night nurse...give it a rest! I was greeted on Monday by a "negitive Nancy" with this comment..."So, how'd you get suckered into that?" I had no idea what to say, so I said nothing! I would have liked to say something other than nothing, but thought better of it.

Moving on...

Danielle is in Boston for the rest of this week for training. She leaves next Tuesday for Denver. It is really hard to believe that the next time we'll see her is at Christmas. I am so happy for her though! Pray that she has a safe trip!

We leave SATURDAY for Disney....well Orlando, but I like to say Disney. We are so excited! The downside to the whole thing is that Clint will not be paid the entire week we are gone due to being "furlowed". BOO THIS ECONOMY! I suppose it could be worse! We thought we were going to be able to get unemployment for that week, but apparently since we will be out of town that means he is not "actively looking for work." So much for being honest. Oh well.

I think that is it for now. I am still thinking of a new blog title...any suggestions?

Check this out. You have to scroll down. http://nflchurch.com/NFBC/staff.htm

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

H said...

WHOA! This is too weird!!! I went to the website and read your description, and then I saw that LARRY JOE MARTIN is the music minister...his wife Susie was my piano teacher for like six years in jr. high/high school! That is so cool! I don't know if she would remember me or not...maybe if you tell her I was at Southside Christian. ANYway...so they don't have a children's pastor? What are your responsibilities? (Besides listening to the whining, I mean:) Such a blessing!) I'm glad you only have one more day...isn't that one of the best feelings in the world? I hope your vacation is AWESOME...ours isn't until the end of July when all of the huge summer things are over (VBS, etc.), and we're trying to make it to Pensacola area, but we'll just have to see. Let's see...new name for the blog...I'll have to think on that one. Love ya!

Liz said...

Hello dear! Love the updates... I'm thinking of starting to write again but... I don't know. I was thinking about something about our trying to get pregnant again, but honestly, if it happens again, I'm not going to tell anyone until after the 1st trimester this time... But I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading! I love and miss you!! I don't think I have your number b/c I tried to call and it was disconnected...