BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 24, 2010

Whew...

Wow what a week! I feel like I can finally breathe once we make it to Friday night! This has been one crazy, hectic, WEIRD week for sure!

Monday started off with me turning 28! I had an AWESOME birthday! Clint always does so well at making my days special! Got lots of goodies from family and even more from my class! Gift cards, chocolate, cheezits and pretzels...what more could a girl ask for??

Wednesday, as Millie and I made our way back home after church, I called Clint like always. He mentioned something about a Similc recall of formulas that I should check out. Low and behold...the four containers I had for Millie...possibly contaminated with Insect Parts! GROSS! I talked to a nurse (my room mom) about it and she mentioned that Millie would be fine, but not to feed her any more of the containers I had. SO...Clint went off to wally world for the liquid kind of formula until they put the powder back on the shelves. After TWO trips to Walmart at 11 at night...he finally got the right stuff! I call it liquid gold!

Yesterday I found out that my Grandma has a small tumor near her eye that has to be removed Tuesday of next week. They have already done a biopsy and have ruled out cancer, but they say it has to come off. They've also found a questionable spot by her mouth...weird! My mom also informed me Thursday that she has been diagnosed with full blown diabetes....WOW! (She later explained that it was the cause of her forgetfulness lately...like forgetting to call me on my birthday!)

This morning I got pulled over by the po-po and chastised! I wouldn't say I "broke the law", but I think I made him as a person, not as a po-po mad. I pulled out in front of him...but he was going too fast and caught up to me really quickly! THe blue lights started flashing...yikes! He stomped up to my car and said...kind of in a yelling tone "I shouldn't have to slam on brakes to keep from hitting you!!" I stared...he promptly turned and walked away, got in his cruiser and drove off. I was so confused...it was 6:45 in the morning mind you! WEIRD I say!

The day ended with me frantically grading 23 "Insect projects" so they could get them out of my room. Each student had to pin 10 dead bugs to a board and label them! GROSS!!!!

Millie is doing Super! She is snoozing away at the moment, so I think I am going to join her! I have feeding duty on weekends...fun times!

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

H said...

Hmmmmm.....I have never heard of the link b/w diabetes and forgetfulness...interesting...

K threw up, and as I told you, I'm not sure if it was from the formula or not, but yeah....not cool. We bought a can instead of a cannister (checking the number first!) and so far, so good.

Glad your birthday was fun!:)