BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1


Day 1- Your Current Relationship

Married! Happily, so-in-love, amazed by him, Married! The meeting and first date stories are to come in a later post so I will save that for then.

For SO LONG, all I wanted to do was get married. I NEVER dated in high school or college, but boy did I have some crushes! Big, bad, make-you-cry crushes! I seriously had one boy per year that I would fixate/obsess over during that entire school year! I was REDICULOUS!!! I look back now and realize how crazy I truly was!

What is really crazy is that I can name each one and associate the year of school with him. It all started in 6th grade- Russel Kennedy! And each year it continued. Another victim was added to my list! People, I am talking, 3 years of middle school, 4 years of high school (that was only two boys...1 boy for 2 years), 4 years of college...and yes EVEN 3 years out of college. Unreal. I haven't thought about this for a while now, but writing this out is making me cringe.

I was always either a "friend" or the girl that the boy didn't even know existed. I was asked recently how many times my heart has been broken. I can proudly say never. Clint was my first boyfriend, my first time holding hands, my first kiss and my first TRUE love. However, looking back over those moldable years...I felt the same thing over and over and over again. REJECTION! It is not the same as a true heartbreak, but boy did it hurt!

**Sidenote-I am SO thankful to be a child of the KING and NEVER have to worry about being rejected by Him.



I am SO THANKFUL for my wonderful husband! From day one of our relationship he always listened and cared. He laughs at my jokes and just completely gets me. He puts me in my place at times and has really helped me to stop talking about people. He pays attention to the little things and lets me run the show when it comes to the things I am passionate about. We are coming up on our 3rd anniversary and I couldn't be more in love. We have had a crazy 3 years (wedding, moving 3 times, buying a house, having a baby etc. etc. etc.) but there is NO ONE else in the world I would want to do this with! I love you boo!



Stay tuned for Day 2!

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: