BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 2: Where I see myself in 10 years

I was asked this about 10 years ago (okay well almost 11 years) as I was anticipating my High School graduation.

10 years ago I said the following:

Graduated from College- Check
Married by 21- How about 25?-Check
Teaching- Finishing up my 7th year now- Check
3 kids- How about 1 cute little girl named Millie Kaye?- Check
Living in a big house- How about a small "starter home" that we love?- Check

I feel accomplished~ but even with all of that, I KNOW there is SO much more to life! SO MUCH MORE!

So....in 10 years...

1- LOVING God with all that I am. Not just because I teach in a Christian School or go to church when the doors are open. But because I LOVE Him and am SO thankful for his sacrifice for little ol me! Being REAL with Him. I mean, He knows me inside and out...He made me for goodness sake. Serving Him with my life...not just with words, but that REAL relationship!

2- Still be madly in love with my husband, taking time for us and serving each other.

3- One more baby- preferably within the next 5 years. NO WE ARE NOT TRYING NOW for those of you wondering. (SO many people ask that question...SHEESH!) (And for the record, I'd love more than 2, but the reality is, the money just isn't there. I know if that is in HIS plan for us, all will be well. We shall see)

4- Continuing on the journey we call Parenthood- I knew it would come and I knew we would be "Parenting" Millie, I just didn't realize how soon the word NO would be used on a regular basis. I didn't realize how at 9 months old, we would have to start slapping her little hands. OH.MY.SOUL We have a VERY strong-willed little girl on our hands. My prayer is that we do the best for her to help her turn into the Woman she will be one day. Quite the task for sure!

5- I am content with my job and my home and even my little Toyota Corolla...it will be paid off in 3 years! On the job front, I wouldn't mind a few changes, but I have had to give that to the Lord. It is beyond me and TOTALLY out of my hands! Out of 7 years of teaching, this has been my best class but the year that has presented me with the MOST challenges outside of the classroom. I am praying that the years get better!

6- Weight. I WOULD love in 10 years to be a size 4. (HAHA) Really, I just would love to be happy and not have to shop in the plus size department. ONE of the ways I'd like to accomplish this is to be a RUNNER! Weird I know...I DESPISE running, but I think Runners are SO COOL! (Yes, you Leah, I think you are cool) I am not saying I want to do marathons, but I'd like to be the lady that you always see running around the neighborhood. The big 3-0 is coming up in the year 2012. I'd like to see these changes before that takes place...we shall see! I have to be MENTALLY prepared and to be honest...I am not quite there yet. And..I need a jogging stroller!

7- In 10 years I would like to have visited NYC! I talk about it alot and think it would be so so fun!

8- I would like to star on "The Real Housewives of Thomasville, Georgia" HAHAHA!

I think that is all for now!

Check back tomorrow!
Sam

1 comments:

Unknown said...

6 - DO IT!!!!! I was never a runner, and it isn't easy, but if you are willing to start somewhere and work up, you totally can do it!!!