BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First day of Preschool....Millie Kaye


Um.  Excuse me.  I just dropped my baby girl off for her first day of preschool. 

I’m not screaming and crying like I expected, but I did tear up just a bit.

Her teacher’s are sweet as pie and were there to greet her with big smiles.  She already is calling the kids in her class her friends, and she sat down by a girl named Natalie.  She was eyeballing mommy and daddy as we made our way out the door, ready to boo-hoo, but she held it together and ate the froot loops at her table.

She really wanted to read the books on the shelf.  Her teacher told her no.  I get it, I really do.

When I went in to wake her up this morning she asked where we were going.  I told her it was her first day of school.  She replied first with asking  where Tucker was going to go and that she was going to miss him.  Second she said…and my heart smiled…”I just want to sleep some more!”  Gave me a glimpse into the future for sure.

I made some cute little tags to put on bottles of lotion for her teachers.  They said “Here’s Hoping for a SMOOTH year.”  Millie put them on her teacher’s desk.  She unloaded her snack into her basket and her change of clothes (in case of a potty accident) too.  She hung her bag up.  Smiled by her cubby for her daddy.  Hugged mommy.  And that was that.

Unreal.

I’m at work.  Headed to the vending machine…I need chocolate.

0 comments: