BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Who, What, When, Where


Weekend: This weekend we had the opportunity to take a little trip to St. Simons Island for a wedding.  Clint grew up with the groom so we decided to make it a little family get away.  Clint’s parents, brother and his family and us went early Saturday morning.  We enjoyed lunch at a place called Iguana’s.  I had broiled shrimp that was to die for.  This place had free ice cream with all the fixins for dessert.  It was the neatest thing!  We checked in to our hotel and had about 2 hours to get rested and ready for the wedding.  Clint’s brother wasn’t going to the wedding so they offered to keep Millie and Tucker for us.  It was a nice little break.  The wedding was beautiful.  It was held in a small room at The King and Prince with the beach in the back ground.  The craziest part though was when they announced that the Bride and Groom had been married since March due to having to live together.  I felt a little duped, but it certainly wasn’t about me!  It was also pretty neat to see them ballroom dance together and surprise everyone with their skills.  The food was delish, but way WAY too fancy for me!  Sunday we took Millie to a big play area where she had a blast.  I believe she would have stayed there all day if she could have.  We had lunch at Outback to celebrate Papa T’s birthday and went to a little mall before making the trip back home.  It was a very enjoyable trip and made us look forward to our beach trip over labor day!

House: We got our very first offer on our house on Friday, August 2nd.  We countered, they countered, we countered, they accepted!  Hallelujah!  They just had the inspection on the house yesterday and we just found out that there is nothing that they are requesting for us to do!  Another Hallelujah!  The next step is the appraisal!  Hoping and praying for continued smooth sailing!  Clint and my father-in-law are going Friday of this week to get the rest of our stuff out of there!  We had to rent another storage building to store it all in, but that is a small expense compared to a mortgage on a house that we aren’t living in!  Once everything is said and done, we will start the search for a house in Tifton.  We have a little more time to be picky…pantry, toy room, laundry room etc.  We shall see!  We are just so incredibly grateful!

Job: I started my new job with the City of Tifton about 2 weeks ago.  I am an assistant to the director of the Natural Gas department.  It is certainly not teaching, but it is really interesting.  I answer the phone, and do purchase orders, fill in information about pipe lines and do a lot of editing.  Sometimes it feels like grading papers.  It is nice to be able to go to the bathroom, have a snack at my desk, get my work done and even call home to check on my babies.  I even get to have lunch on a regular basis with my husband…who needs date night when you can have date lunch!  Haha!  I have no idea where this will take me, but I am content!  Millie and Tucker stay with their Nana and Papa everyday.  Another thing that I am just so thankful for! 

Millie:  Oh my sweet Millie!  She is so full of life and drama!  She has recently been having a hard time going to sleep without pitching a fit.  She wont let us turn on her night light because it “makes monsters on her walls”…the shadows.  We’d let her look at a book so she wouldn’t cry, but now she can’t even see a book!  She is so funny!  She starts preschool next Wednesday.  I can’t believe it!  She is going 3 days a week from 9-12, so it is very minimal, which I am thankful for, but I just know she is going to love it!  We also signed her up for dance classes.  We have her open house this Saturday.  We will be purchasing her dancewear that day too.   I’ve been told to bring my checkbook! Ha!  The things that I dreamed about are all right in front of me and I am so so very thankful!  I am so thankful the Lord saw fit to give me a little girl!  My heart could just burst!

Tucker: Tuckerboy, T-man, Tucky, Mommas baby!  Oh.my.soul. do I love that boy or what!  I had NO CLUE it would be like this!  I will do whatever that baby wants me to for the rest of my life! HAHA!  He is so so sweet!  He is nothing like his sister, whom he adores.  He is still not sleeping through the night.  He LOVES baby food.  He is irritated by having to drink a bottle.  I swear he’d chew food with no teeth right now.  He watches every bite we take.  He is scooting around army-style and is so ding-donging cute doing it.  He is getting up on all fours, rocking back and forth and then collapses.  I just love it!  He goes on the 29th for his 6 month check up.  I cannot wait to see what we can do about the bottle issues and the non-sleeping issues.  Momma needs her sleep!

Life is good and we are blessed! 

Until next time,

Sam

0 comments: