BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 23, 2013

The House Hunting Begins


It’s Friday, Friday…….

I forgot how much I looked forward to Friday’s while I was home all summer.  Now that I am back to work…I totally get it!

Still working hard at learning all the ins and outs of the natural gas world.  My boss is admittedly off the charts, scatter-brained and CANNOT stay on task, so things are being learned at a slower pace.  It’s all good.

We are going to look at our very first house tonight to start the house hunt.  It is a nice home, only had one owner and has about 700 more square feet than our old house.  The main catch is that it has 4 bedrooms.  I am desperate for a playroom/office area, but we shall see.  My other preferences is a pantry…because our last house didn’t have one… and a laundry room rather than a laundry closet.

I know that “beggers can’t be choosers” so I am just thankful that we get to entertain the idea of buying another house.  I am thankful that all of our stuff is in storage, and that we have a place to stay until we can move in.  There shouldn’t be anything “hurrying” us like it happened the last time.  No apartment lease to be out of or stuff like that.  I know my in-laws are ready to reclaim their home as their own,  but they are the most patient and giving people I’ve ever known.  I can only hope I am half as awesome as they are when my children are grown.  They are the definition of “we will help in any way we can” type of people.  It also helps having really cute grandchildren for them! ;)

Millie went to her second day of preschool today and I am anxious to get home to her to see how that went. 

Last night, she was pitching a fit in the bathtub about washing her hair.  I told her that she was being unkind to mommy and that it wasn’t nice.  I asked her if I should tell her teachers that she was being a mean girl.  She absolutely straightened up!  It was kind of neat.  I’ve had parents tell me as the teacher that they have used that tactic, but I got to witness the power first-hand.  Kind of funny.

I know that every parent thinks their kids are the cutest/greatest/smartest in all the land.  I get it.  But my Millie is SO SMART!  Even Pre Preschool.  Her reasoning skills and thinking skills blow me away.  Yesterday, her Nana was on her way out the door to go to WalMart.  The night before, Millie’s Dora soap in the bathroom ran out.  On her own, clear as day, Millie asked her Nana “Nana, I need you to buy me some new Dora soap, mine’s all gone!”  I don’t know why that catches me as being so smart, but it just does.  I can’t take it!

Alrighty…..

Until Next Time,

Sam

1 comments:

Calvin said...

And how did your first house hunting go? Yeah, it is such a thrilling thought to finally be able to pick for your own house, but the course would take a lot more work than you thought. I hope you made it through then. =) Calvin @ CityBlockTeam.com