BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Prepare my Heart

Ashlynn, Katryana

Okay, so the funny things just don't seem to be rolling like they were at the beginning of the year. They are probably there, but by the time I make it until the end of the day, I have forgotton them....3 more days until I am 26, cut me a little slack!

One thing did happen this morning that made me laugh.... I am a HUGE Diet Coke fan, and I drink it on a very regular basis (everyday). I know...bad for ya, bad for your teeth...blah blah blah....I will work on it..(haha). This morning, after picking up my 3 early birds, I opened my DC and began to pour it over my ice. Little Ashlynn was right in the middle of telling me a thrilling story about "Ms. Margret sitting on her couch and sitting on an ant and jumping up so fast..." she immediately stopped her story, stared at the fizz and said to me.."Mrs. Thompson...that is a drug...you shouldn't do drugs!" She was so serious!! I asked her who told her that and she quickly ran away laughing to herself. I had to laugh as well!

I am asking the Lord to prepare me for what is headed my way tomorrow. There is a certain young man in another 4k class that has quite a struggle with obedience and respect to his teacher. Depending on how everything goes with some meetings tomorrow, it is quite possible that he will be making the move to my class. I understand that things happen for a reason, and I know I have been so spoiled with the obedient class that I have, and that is my fear. I don't want this little guy to come in and take over...so watch out. I will be in rare form if he makes the move. I will say....he is quite adorable and I know I have enough love for him...we'll just see how the "being patient" thing goes.

Anyway...things are going well and I am adjusting to this amazing opportunity! I truly am starting to see it like that! An opportunity...not a "let's get this show on the road and finish this year so I can move on up..." kind of attitude that I started with. Life is incredibly short and what happens in the short time we are on this Earth is so very important to our Eternity! I want to influence these little ones just as much as the older ones!

Sorry for those of you wanting your laugh for the day! I will pay better attention as the days go on!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

Dani said...

Diet Coke...the new high, eh? hahaha. so...I have a new blog...it's linked on my profile...click my pic then scroll down...it's coins-to-change.blogspot.com

I'm glad that you're loving you job! no worries about the disobedient one...you'll whip him into shape! (well...not whip persay...haha)

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear sister! I'm sure you'll be able to handle whatever gets thrown your way. I mean, just think, a couple of months ago you were fretting about 4-year-olds and you seem to love it, and it is your calling. You can do anything! I love you! ~Elizabeth