BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Absolutely Not!

After a FANTASTIC Labor Day weekend spent with my new family....it was time to get back to work. The Tuesday after Labor day is always an interesting day. Some students got way too much "down" time, and others spent the entire weekend "go go going!" Let's just say nap time went quite well!

After nap is snack time! I WILL teach these 4 year olds manners if it's the last thing I do! It is IMPERITIVE that they say, "yes please" or "no thank you" when I walk by with the snack. I remind them of this before snack each time we partake. Today was no different...remind, walk down each row and pass out their oreos. I get to one of my sweeties...and with a HUGE smile on her face she says..."absolutely not"...I just laughed and laughed! I believe she has heard that phrase one too many times!

Friday of last week:

McKayla: Guess what?
Me: what?
McKayla: I know my mommy's phone number.
Me: You do? What is it?
McKayla: 2 green

That is a phone number to a 4 year old in the year 2008! Speed dial my friends.... a wonderful thing!

One more thing....While working aftercare today, I got to be the potty person....send them to Mrs. Thompson and I take them to the potty...not a bad job because I was in the air conditioned building for most of my shift. Anyway, this little guy went potty and came out. His shirt was an absolute mess from the lasagna that he had at lunch. I simply said...

Me: "You have food all over your shirt"
Boy: "I know"
Me: "what is your mommy going to say about that"
Boy: "Let's go to Chucky Cheese"

Wow.....wow.....wow!

Well, I am about to head off. Clint is having surgery tomorrow so I will be missing my very first day of school! Interesting!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

Dani said...

manners...how fun! so the "2 green" means 2 and then send? that's really funny! I hope the surgery goes well...praying for y'all!