BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 25, 2008

So....my bad habit caught up with me...

Well....the bad habit is referring to my students as "sister" or "brother." You know..."pick up the trash sister," "watch where you're going sister," "pay attention my brother." No BIG deal I guess. I never really thought anything of it until today. My students have said NOTHING about it...until today. A parent comes to the door, student gets all of their belongings, "bye, see you tomorrow," and this was her reply...."see you tomorrow my sister." Her mom looked at me, we both just broke out in laughter. It was so so funny. I guess I need to work on that!

One more thing before I go fix supper.....
KayKay: Mrs. Thompson, you call me KayKay
Me: yes, that's your name right?
KayKay: That's my nickname
Me: I know, that's what you want to be called right?
KayKay: My "sista" says you a hip hop teacher 'cause you call me KayKay

So.....ladies and gentlemen, I, Samantha Thompson, am a "hip hop teacher"

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: