BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 11, 2008

Just when I thought....

Just when I thought things couldn't get any more...shall I say....crazy....THEY DID!

Today was another full day of meetings for me. You know, the page by page handbook meetings. I will say, these meetings are not that bad. My supervisors trust that I know how to read and leave it up to me to do so. Amazing.

As the morning dragged on, I became more overwhelmed when realizing all of the work still yet to be done. You see, at this school we have TWO open houses...that's right TWO. One tomorrow for the new students and one on Thursday for all of the others. As crazy as it is leading up to those, I do believe I might enjoy it better not having my entire class and their parents all at one time. It kind of spreads it out.

I am not to the crazy part yet.....

So....I finally got my class list today...18 students! YAY! 2 Ethans and lots of J names! I put their names (in my very best cursive) on my apples that go on the bulletin board, stapled them up there and moved on to their desk name tags....got those done and taped on their desks and headed for my next meeting. About an hour after that meeting, the preschool secretary informed me that she had given me the WRONG class list! YIKES. They are working with a new program this year on the computers, thus causing the mix up! My first reaction was to cry, but I just quickly got over it, got my new list and redid everything I had just done! No biggie! 15 students now, twins, and Mckayla, Kayla, and Jakayla! HELP!

STILL not to the crazy part!

I was informed that the HEAD bossman wanted a meeting with me at 4:15. YIKES....I am thinking..."what have I done now?" Didn't think much else of it, headed over for my meeting and that is where I was hit with these words...."What would you think about teaching a 6th grade history class for one hour each day?" Oh My was my first thought, followed by a chipper, "SIGN me up!" I am really excited believe it or not. My connection to the other side of teaching is still there! Thankfully I taught the same EXACT book last year, so my preparation will not be bad. Also, the Grade Level Chair for 6th grade is going to be doing the lesson plans for me! Basically I will hike over, teach the class, speak in a different voice, grade papers, and give tests and quizzes. I am honestly thrilled! I choose to think of this as God's gift to me for being willing to brave the world of 4K!

Tomorrow is new student orientation! Yikes! Pray for me if you think about it!

More to come soon.....

Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

how cute! i'm so glad you get to have a taste of 6th grade this year. and it's a door into that grade next year, right? cool! glad to hear that everything is going well for you. love you, girl!

Lisa Miller said...

YAY!! What a gift!! Enjoy teaching!! You'll do fine!! Love ya!!

~Lisa