BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 Funny things today!

Oh what a Wednesday. Wednesdays are those days that you just almost dread. They are right in the middle and you still have two days just waiting for you! Wednesdays are also the days for me that last forever it seems. I leave my house at 6am and am at work by 6:40ish. I welcome the kids starting at about 7:30. At 3:15 begins the dreaded, and I do mean DREADED aftercare! By far....the absolute WORST part about this position. Anyway....on a good day I am out of there at about 4ish...but from what I hear it starts to push 5 or 5:30 by the time I am done. THEN we have church at 7:05 on Wednesdays....so I just stay all the way through, leaving at about 8:00 to drive 40 min back home, making it close to 9 by the time I walk in the door. SO....as you can tell....Wednesdays wear me out!

Anyway...that wasn't where I wanted this blog to go.....moving on

We have our Preschool Evacuation Drill tomorrow! Today was our practice round. I spoke very seriously to my sweet class of 4 year olds and told them, "when you hear a bell, and Mrs. Thompson says, this is an emergency, you look at me and get quiet right away." So, we did our little practice, walked to the right place, called roll, and we were off to the playground. Well....all of a sudden, the church bells began to ring (very pretty) and one of my sweeties....STOPPED....looked at me, and then took off running straight to me yelling..."Emergency, Emergency, Emergency" as she was trembling! Precious! I bent down to her level, took her in my arms and tried to re-explain the whole thing. I had to warn mom, that if she starts saying emergency anytime she hears a bell....its my fault! So cute!


Alrighty...my last one! At the end of my day with my class, after they wake up from their nap, it is snack time. To cease the chitter chatter while eating, I like to read to them. Today I read a Winnie the Pooh book called... Roo and the very messy day. Anyway....Roo has a messy room, his mom lets him do it so he'll get sick of it, he goes to Piglets really really clean and tidy house and has to help Piglet put back everything they played with.....right when I showed the picture of Piglets clean, organized house, my very outspoken little one, Tyler, speaks up (quite loudly) and says "I'm allergic to that!" Well....me being stunned by that remark, I asked him what he was talking about...."I'm allergic to cleaning my room"! I definately laughed outloud on that one! Hilarious!

I hope you are all doing great and life is being kind to you! Thank you for reading!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite story was the emergency one... I laughed really loud and had to read it to Rob. So glad you have this blog, so I can read all the cute little things the little ones say. If you end up staying in K4 you should think about writing a book about the cuteness, I'd buy it!! Love you and hope you're having an awesome time, Mrs. Thompson!!

P.S. I used my AIM name b/c I still don't know how to leave you a comment!!

Dani said...

haha...I told you 4 year olds are hilarious!! I hope you post more I look almost everyday so I'm excited when you write something!!

love ya sista!