BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Go Away Fay!

I am only able to write this one, because I have officially survived Tropical Storm Fay. While teaching my 6th grade History class on Thursday, I was informed that we would not be having school on Friday due to Tropical Storm Fay. My initial reaction was that of pure and utter praise...followed by a short thought of "I hope this isn't serious!" Well here I sit on Sunday night, after a DAY of no power..alive! Saturday my husband and I went a whole 5 hours with no power and decided to pack up and make the trip to Tifton where his parents were waiting with a warm meal, lights and an air conditioned home! We gladly accepted and made the one hour trip! It was VERY much worth it because we have since found out that our power wasn't restored until LATE Saturday night! All is well now. I am about to make my weekly trip to Walmart, do my ironing for the week and settle in to watch the closing ceremony of the Olymics.

One thing from Thursday that struck me as funny:
We have spent the last FIVE days learning the sound for the letter i...it has gone great. They have answered my questions and gotten to put the little people on my big park picture to fill up the park, they got to feed the ducks in the park with a cracker which they helped the ducks eat, and have mastered the "Indian Child" poem. We also made paper plate iguanas with pieces of paper with "i" words for them to practice. At dismissal time little Ashlynns mom came in the door....Ashlynn made a b-line for her cubbie, grabbed her iguana and proudly announced to her mom...."Look mommy, we made a Guana...(pronounced goo-a-na) SO FUNNY! Her mom and I caught each others eye and had her say it again and again! What a way to end my Thursday! I just love those little ones!

Alrighty...I have been informed by my three sisters that they love reading my blogs, so I will keep them coming. (I would anyway!) I am sure I will have more for you this week!

Until then,
Sam

1 comments:

Dani said...

hahaha that's awesome! It made me think about the time that you dressed like a rapper for Halloween!

loves!