BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 15, 2008

I survived!

That's right...I survived my first day as a 4k teacher! And...believe it or not...it went so very well! Those kids will do anything, believe anything and think I am the absolute smartest person ever...seriously...they are such people pleasers and will do ANYTHING to get me to say their name and notice how well they did!

I started the day out with ZERO criers! I was so surprised. I had been warned..."you will have some criers so be prepared!" I was prepared (i think) but I had none. Little Joseph wanted to and was a tad bit clingy, but as soon as I mentioned his Cars backpack, he was my friend for life!

Oh and nap time...they are so so precious when they sleep! Seriously...I have a great class of nappers. I had one little girl tell me as I was passing out the mats..."Mrs. Thompson, I don't take naps" I replied, "well, Samaryia...today is a new day and everyone in 4k takes naps." She was OUT as soon as she hit that mat!

I am sure those "days" will come...you know the crazy ones, but so far so good! I am resolved that I have the best class and the SMARTEST class. They already knew their 1, 2 and 3 numbers AND the colors red and yellow! Ahhhhh

So ready for the weekend! Headed to the grocery store then out to supper to celebrate my first day.....until next time!

Sam

3 comments:

Edens Family said...

Are you using Abeka? I am in my K4 class! Just curious because you said they know red and yellow and that's what we studied as well. Glad to hear everything is going great!

Dani said...

sister! i wish i could take naps.....switch places???

glad you're getting into the swing of things!!!!

Mom said...

I am still waiting on my students to know red from yellow...they're in high school...just kidding. I am so proud of you, and I know this is going to be a great year!