BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hold Me!

Well, the cold weather is here! I am not sure how long it is going to stay...but it is here for now. With that comes a little bit more responsibility on my part as well as the students. They come in dressed like little eskimos as if it were snowing buckets outside. We have to put them on before bathroom, before recess, before lunch and so on...it gets quite annoying. Today as they were attempting to put them on themselves, Tyler walks up to me and says..."My jackets legs are inside outside!" Funny!

This morning during Bible time I was teaching about Moses and the burning bush. About 5 minutes into my lesson, Z was getting into trouble. They sit at my feet as I sit in the chair and teach with a flannel board. I gave him the eye and kept right on teaching. I notice that he is resting his head on one of my calmer boys, Joseph. This time I spoke and told him to pick his head up and pay attention. That was when Joseph spoke up and told me that Z "asked me to hold him". That made me laugh so hard...even now as I am writing this, I am laughing.

One more thing before I close for now. In my previous school back in 2004 when we were upon the Bush vs. Kerry days, I was able to speak a little of my mind with my 4th graders and tie certain facts in with my history and bible lessons. I am not able to do that with my little guys, so I just steer clear of the topic. (let me just say....my one 6th grade History class hears plenty from me...not my opinions...but the facts) These guys have no idea who McCain or Obama are. This morning I had a mom come in with a button on that said Obama. I shuttered a little and tried not to let my blood boil and continued on with my day, remembering to pray for this upcoming election. A little later during play time this is the conversation I hear between two little girls:

#1: Are you gonna vote with your momma?
#2: Nope
#1: I voted with my momma!
#2: I don't like Omama....he's weird.
#1: I know

Again....laughing on the inside.

I hope you are remembering to pray for our country and the Men and Women that are WILLINGLY serving to protect our freedoms.
Have a great one,
Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: