BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 24, 2008

This is him!


Let me introduce you to Z. Z is the "newest" edition to our class, however he has been her for several weeks now. He is the one student that tests and tries me more than anyone. When he messes up, he goes to timeout, but refuses to sit in the chair...to the point of throwing himself on the floor. He has gotten much better as time goes on, but we still have our days. One thing that works is me being so incredibly sweet to him in the mornings and asking him lots and lots of questions bout himself (baseball, drums, pets...you name it). I do the same thing after nap time which seems to help things progress along a little easier.
Yesterday during playtime, he came to my desk and started touching my post-it notes. This was our conversation:
Me: Z, please do not touch things on Mrs. Thompson's desk
Z: Why?
Me: Because Mrs. Thompson said not to (my mom would be so proud)
Z: YOU have to tell me why
Me: who says?
Z: my dad....and he's big
(at this point I am laughing and wanting to see where this conversation will take me; thankfully it was the end of the day and most kids)
Me: Well, Z, Mrs. Thompson is big too
Z: I want some cheese
What???? Shows you how their minds give in after about 10 seconds of one topic.
The picture above was one of the many faces made during our conversation.
Have a great one,
Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: