BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 13, 2008

It's been a while!

It has been a while since my last post. That can be attibuted to two things: busyness and the fact that I am getting used to 4 year olds and their funnies. I need to be more diligent in storing things that happen in my brain to save for later!

Last Thursday was Grandparents day! I had 18 students, 29 grandparents, 3 parents, my teacher's aide, and myself all in my little classroom. It was a packed house, but we all had a great time. We had grandparent's show and tell where the child brings something that they have in common with their grandparent. I had coloring books, pictures of them gardening together, and even a kid in full African clothing with some sort of drums. It was really neat. I even had an 89 year old great grandpa that still drives!!! The kids had a blast and I was just glad I survived!

The worst part about grandparents day was seeing the 4 kids without grandparents there look so sad and pitiful. I even sent home a questionarre to be filled out by mom or dad that told us all about their grandparents and had a place for their picture. Only 2 of the 4 did that. I overheard this conversation early that morning:

Naya: My grandma is mean
Tyler: Does she live in a swamp?
Naya: No, she is just mean!

Today is Monday what a Monday it has been. Let's just say it fit the definition of Monday!

I got a new boy several weeks ago. His name is Z. He is a handful and makes very unwise choices about when he will obey and when he will not. This morning I asked him if he would rather go to the 3K classroom because he wasn't acting like a 4 year old. He said...and I quote..."Mrs. Roth (his old teacher) is my best friend! Not Mrs. Thompson or Ms. Washington (my aide)" And boy was he serious. I simply replied that that was fine because my job is not to be his best friend, but his teacher and to make him obey me! I did chuckle a little though!

That is all for now, and I will do my best to keep up with this a little better!

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: