BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Point by point

It has been way too long since I updated this thing, which I find to be utterly rediculous due to the fact that I am NOT working and have free time coming out of my ears. I guess that free time has just been used in other ways.
Where to start????

FRUIT- we have spent about 10 total days in the beautiful Farm town of Tifton, Georgia. My in-laws are watermelon and canteloupe farmers during the summer months, so Clint and I took some time to go help them. We had a great time, worked hard, ate like royalty and made some extra cash! That is always good!



CAMERA- with all of that extra cash I made, I decided...why save it? It is extra money that is not at all in the budget and I really needed/wanted a new camera. SO...I am the proud new owner of the fujifilm S1500. I LOVE it! I pride myself in the fact that I searched and searched this one out. Usually I jump into things way too quickly, don't read reviews, and don't do any type of research. Not this time. I am so glad I got it because we have lots of fun thing coming up soon that will need a great camera to capture the many moments of joy.




BLACKBERRY & PUPPY- since I started this new (part time) job, my email has really picked up. I am not one that sits at a computer all day, so there have been times that I didn't get something until after the fact. SO...I have been researching blackberrys, talking to people with them and have officially decided after 4 days of NEEDING one that I don't really. I will stick to the good ole computer for now and be fine with that. I also had myself convinced that I needed a companion for when Clint is at work and I am alone until late into the night. I NEEDED a puppy. We live in an apartment with no immediate plans of changing that. I like big dogs best but know how terrible it would be to have one in the apartment. I started making myself fall in love with little dogs all the while knowing I don't really like them that much. Clint checked with that Apt people and we will have to pay a $400 deposit (non refundable) to have an animal. Okay. So...no puppy. It is not the right time. We are trying to pay off debt and it made no sense chunking down that huge amount of money to have an animal that in the long run would just cost more money. SO.....no puppy. And..I am okay with that. Now....as for a kitty....

WEDDING, BABY, BRAVES- we leave Thursday for Amber and Donalds wedding. I am SO SO excited. I am excited to see them as well as two of my very best friends, Holly and Karen. We will do the wedding extravaganza until Sunday after lunch and take off for South Carolina where we will meet Caleb Palmer for the first time. One of Clints best friends from college just had their second son and we are excited to see them and meet little Caleb. We will depart from there on Tuesday and make the drive to the ATL where we will see our beloved Braves play the Giants. We will meet Mike and Lisa there for the game and hang with them! YAY. Then, back home we will come. Those will be the festivites that end our summer travels. So sad that it is coming to a close, but excited for the events to come.

WEDDING BAND- I had to buy a new wedding band. Isn't that sad. Mine shrunk, I swear it shrunk. I mean, my fingers swell a little in the summer, but this was rediculous. I seriously thought i was going to have to go to the ER to get the thing cut off of my finger. SO weird. Thankfully my engagement ring still fits fine. I just got a plain gold band to wear with hopes of my original wedding band fitting in the winter. I waited WAY TOO LONG to wear two rings on my left hand, so new ring it was. (I got a SUPER deal on it by the way)

HAIR CUT- I got a hair cut. SO SHORT and SO CUTE (if I may say so)! I love it!

I think I have about caught you up on the goings on in the world of Samantha.
Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

H said...

Only four more days...I'M SO EXCITED!!! I think we should have a slumber party without the boys; of course, Karen probably couldn't handle that! That's a bummer about the puppy, but good grief, what a ridiculous amount for a deposit! Plus buying the dog! You have lots of travel in your summer...I'm jealous! At least one of your trips is to me!!! Can't wait til you're here!!! Love you!

rickaren said...

Holly, where do you propose this ridiculous idea for a slumber party??? You're right. . . I can't handle it!!! =)
I liked all the updates-- don't get a dog. . . not now. I'm so glad we never got one. For reals.
See you Friday!!!

carrie said...

Sounds like it will be a busy but fun end of the summer for you. I understand about the animal thing. Our deposit is actually $500. Can you believe that? I figured one day when we have a house we can have a pet too...and kiddos :)