BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Road Trip!!

Well hello! I am sitting in the jeep as we barrel down the road and head to South Carolina. We have been driving for about an hour and have about six more to go…yuck!

We just said goodbye to my friends in Nashville. We had a B-L-A-S-T! Friday we went to the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Everything went well and I could tell it was going to be a great wedding. We had a good time chatting with Donnie, Holly, Ashley and Betty!

Saturday we were able to sleep in a little and hang out with Karen until time to leave for the wedding. It was SO FUN to get to sit around in my pj’s and chat with my very best friend while my husband slept in the other room. We had coffee and cinnamon rolls and seriously did not start getting ready until about noon. We talked and talked and talked some more. It was so great to catch up and not miss a beat all at the same time. I love that girl!



After arriving at the church for the wedding…we got there early…we visited a little with the bride, Amber, who looked stunning! We chatted with the bridesmaids and just had a relaxing time as the minutes ticked by. I stood at the guest book and did my duties while greeting the wedding guests, many of which were surprised to see me. It was fun! The wedding was gorgeous and I definitely cried a little…well a lot! The reception was equally nice and I was able to catch up with old friends and enjoy the wedding festivities. All in all it went really well and I am SO glad we were able to go! Amber and Donald are married now and on their way to a Cruise for their honeymoon! SO happy for them!

After the wedding, we went back to Karen and Ricky’s to change, wait for Ricky to come home from work and get ready to go out to one of the best restaurants EVER! RED ROBIN. So So good! We met Holly and Donnie there and had a great time of eating and chatting. We then walked around the outdoor mall place and ended the night with a sleepy Holly at Barnes and Noble. I just love those two couples so much and am so lucky to have friends like that!!



After getting back to Karen and Ricky’s house, Ricky and Clint played baseball on the PS3 while Karen and I did something I like to call “cubecraft”…well that is what it is called. Basically you pick a little character thing off the website, print it out, cut it out and fold it up. Karen…my dear…has done several with her spare time….she loves it. I attempted my first…and most likely my last. Don’t ask me how she does that on a regular basis…I was about to crumble mine up and stomp on it. Poor Garfield!




We went to church this morning, saw some old students of mine (NOW headed to 8th grade) (taught them in 4th) (I am getting old) got a bite to eat, and now here we are….in the Jeep…on the road….admiring the mountains and reminiscing already about the great time that we had!

Thanks Karen and Ricky for letting us stay with you guys. You are the best!

Holly and Donnie, if all goes as your Aunt says it will, maybe I’ll be back next month…*wink, wink*

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

rickaren said...

Lovely! And, you are more than welcome-- come any time! Ricky needs a rematch with Clint anyway!