BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 25, 2009

NEW

We have made it back home to the great state of Georgia after our week of traveling. In that week we traveled about 1,600 miles! It was a lot, but I really enjoyed hanging with my man and seeing so many of our friends and family. We got home last night and got settled in. I am now listening to the last load of clothes run through the dryer and taking a moment to blog before I iron our clothes for church tomorrow.

The title of this post says it all. So many new things going on, some fun and silly, others serious and intimidating....either way....they are all new. So...sit back, relax and enjoy as you see the new in our life...for now

1. Helmet
My dear sweet husband has a growing facination of all things autographed...it doesn't matter if he was there when it happened, he just loves it. Slowly our guest/computer/sports/tredmill room has been overrun with his autographed memorabilia. The newest edition came in the mail this past week. We worked and worked and worked in the fields this summer...I bought a camera and he bought this


A Georgia Bulldog football helmet signed by the one and only, Herschel Walker. Clint was like a giddy schoolboy while he opened this package. Right now the dilemma is deciding where to put it....we are running out of room for sure...however, I am happy that he is so happy with his collection!

2. Computer
Lately I have discovered that my calling in life is not to be a "stay-at-home (fill in the blank)." I am not as organized as one would need to be to pull that off. Don't get me wrong, I am an organized person, but the work-at-home business is not for me. Since taking the job as the Children's Coordinator at my church, I have HAD to work from home. I do it because it is my job, but seriously sitting on my couch and trying to conduct business, do research and word emails in the right fashion has not been easy. I decided a little while ago that I NEEDED a desktop computer. Long story short, my grandparents got a brand new one recently and had no reservations in passing along their computer to us. It is SO nice and gets the job done, and moves quite fast might I add. When picking up the computer from my grandparents we did not realize they would be keeping their monitor. We didn't have one and decided it was a necessary part of computing to have one. I immediately knew I wanted a flat screen monitor so off we went to Wal Mart. Long story short...we got one, for 30% off because it was a display monitor. Now, my friends, I can sit at my desk and feel like I am accomplishing things as I check off my lists! LOVE it!


3. Books
I have two new books that are calling me to read them. The first is my 6th grade Science book that I have had, sitting in the same place, all summer long. I have been meaning to read it, but you know how that goes. I have been thinking a lot about my preschoolers from last year and how much I really miss them. It is amazing to me how God does things like that in our lives. Something I never thought in a million years I would do, I did, I did it (somewhat) well, and I truly believe I learned SO much through that experience. With that being said, I have no desire to do it again, but if that is what the Lord has for me in the future, I am willing. I am eagerly anticipating 6th grade. I am anxiously awaiting the start of a NEW school year and I am filling my time with prayers to my Father about the upcoming year.


And lastly, my new book, Think Orange. I asked one of the neatest Pastor's I know to reccommend a "Children's Ministry" book to me, and this was the one he reccommended. I ordered it and now I have it. I have read the first page and know that with an open heart and open mind, I can learn alot! My prayer is that I will get "out of the box," and that I will find other people with a passion to do the same. I am excited about the things to come and look forward to learning all that the Lord would have me to.


And there you have it. The new in our life for now!
Off to iron,
Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

rickaren said...

I love that picture of Clint! He really looks like a little boy with a new toy-- so cute!
Nice monitor. You have the same fish picture that I have up at work right now. . . how funny!
Glad you got home safely. Enjoy your Sunday-- love you!

H said...

Yay for new blog posts...feels like you're not so far away! Miss you!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Good luck with taking on the children's ministry! It is a lot of fun. :)