BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catching Up

This past weekend I spent most of my time in bed. I was SICK! I mean SICK! It came from nowhere and thankfully didn’t last long. Sunday I wasn’t even able to go to church, which felt so strange. My husband took such great care of me and even went to Wal Mart at 1 a.m. to get some Pepto and Gatorade. I love that man!

Monday came and went and besides being extremely exhausted from being sick and getting behind on house stuff, it was a good one. Tuesday I got my hair cut (about 2 weeks too late) (I was looking rough) and was in for a night of relaxation, or so I thought. I ended up spending the evening practicing for my chapel debut.

I had been asked about 3 weeks ago to speak in Elementary Chapel, 3K through 5th grade. This is SO not my thing to stand in front of a LARGE group of children and adults and speak. I spoke this morning and survived. From what fellow teachers have said, I did a good job. That, however, doesn’t change the fact that my hands were shaking, my legs were quaking and my heart was pounding. I felt like I was in Freshman Speech all over again!

Tonight is church. I do love church, but Wednesday’s are definitely long! To top it off, it is rainy and dreary outside. Makes me want to curl up with a good book, a cup of coffee and a blanket. I don’t think Barnes and Noble would appreciate all of that…we shall see!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

yuck...sorry you were sick but glad you're feeling better! and good for you for speaking in chapel...God loves to stretch us. :) i totally know what you mean about wednesday's being long...especially when it's raining! i just want to go to sleep or at least lay on my couch with a blanket. :)

Dani said...

hello sister. new blog. kloveyoubye.