BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Little Scare

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep at 9 p.m. (I know it was early, but I had been FRETTING all day over a dentist appointment and ended up having two fillings done, I was pooped) my phone buzzed for a text message. Curious, though sleepy, I stumbled out of bed to check it. It was my sister Danielle and her message simply said “where is your blog?” I was very confused because I thought she read my blog therefore she knew the address. So, I didn’t answer. I stumbled back to bed and off I went…into dreamland…without a care in the world.

When the alarm went off at 5:30, I woke up, got my shower, got my bowl of Life and my glass of OJ and started the coffee pot, then headed to get on the computer where I eat my breakfast, check my websites and do my daily Bible reading. As I sipped my OJ and clicked on my blog, my heart stopped. My blog was gone! GONE! I could not figure out what happened. I started to panic and get upset, but decided to relax and hope that it would fix itself.

To be honest, I didn’t think twice about it for the rest of the day until I checked my email during Study Hall. I got a Facebook Wall Post from my other sister, Elizabeth, asking what happened to my blog and that she would be very sad if I deleted it. Again…panic. Not panic because I like all the world to know me, not panic because I think I am the best writer ever, but panic because all of my memories that I worked to hard to type out, were gone! GONE!

I took the next few minutes and tried to contact Google Blogger, but no luck. I clicked around a few more times, until, WA LA…..The Thompson Times!!!! I would have shouted for joy, but I was in my classroom….with students. I chose to smile instead.

I haven’t updated in a while, so I am taking this as my cue to update now. Maybe blogger was mad at me.

Today has been crazy crazy crazy! From the time I woke up, through the morning, (bad students, missed meetings, no time to review for our Science test tomorrow, P.E. teacher not showing up, ME teaching P.E. (we reviewed for Science ), a meeting with the BIG BOSS at 3:30, and sixth grade parent night tonight at 7, which causes me not to get home until 9:00 p.m.) I am ready for the weekend. I don’t like “wishing the days away,” but boy am I ready for Friday.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for checking on me D and E! Love you two!

Until next time,
Sam

4 comments:

rickaren said...

Odd-- I check your blog every day, and I did not notice it was gone. Hmmm. Anyway, I'm totally looking forward to the weekend too, deary! Glad you're okay! =)

H said...

Yeah, that would have given me a heart attack for sure! Too much work goes into these things to lose it all! Sounds like you are having a crazy night...you rest up this weekend before you're sick! Love you!

Liz said...

Thanks for updating!!! I was worried, I check it every single day for an update, starting when I wake up. And there was nothing there!!! And I kept checking all day long. So glad its fixed, lol! I love you!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

OH my gosh, I would be freaking out!! I have heard this happen to some other people too...scares me!! Glad it worked out okay though. :)