BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Life is Good!

Life is good.

Things in the Thompson household are rolling right along. It is hard for me to believe that it is actually October…the 8th of October at that. We are quickly approaching my most favorite time of year. I love the Holidays so very much! I mostly love them due to free time and family time! Yay!

Tonight Clint and I are going to the Third Day concert in Tallahassee. I am so excited. We have had these tickets for quite a while! The beauty of it all is just getting to spend time with my husband other than the normal 1 hour dinner break. I am thankful for those, but I cherish the special out-of-the-ordinary days so much!

Next Sunday night our Sunday School class is having a get-together where there will be a pumpkin carving contest. Watch out! Clint and I carved our first pumpkin together last year, and I know that the end result of that pumpkin would NOT win a thing in any kind of contest. SO, I am searching for ideas and helpful hints in the area of pumpkin carving!

This Saturday we are planning to get up early and take a tour of the YMCA. To be honest, I need help. We have been watching The Biggest Loser for the past few weeks and every time I turn it on, I get the guilty feeling. I have always been the “big” girl and have pretty much pretended to not be bothered by it my whole life. But…I am. I am the biggest I have ever been and it is scary. I have tried everything in the book to lose weight, and the only thing that worked was exercise and watching everything that goes into my mouth. I have been successful before, and know I can be again. Clint is also going to be going with me and working out too. Pray for us that we will stay strong and think happy thoughts when we want to quit. I don’t want this to be a weight loss blog, but hopefully you will hear nothing but good things.

School is going okay. I really do like Middle school and the students I teach, but the organization of the department leaves a lot (A LOT) to be desired. I know this is only the second school I have taught at, (third if you count my internship) but sheesh! It is 2009 and we are TOTALLY connected with email in every room, but somehow, someway, I (along with the other 6th grade teachers) still manage to be left out of the loop. It is quite frustrating and needs to get better before I let my pains be known!

My family is doing well. I REALLY REALLY miss my sisters. It is funny how growing up, you cannot picture life without them (even though life without them sounds good at the time). Growing up you feel like things will never change and will always stay the same…good and bad. But my how they change. I long for the days of pajams and movies and family trips. I miss it! Elizabeth still has a couple years left in Germany, but seems to be enjoying it. They are in a tift with their landlord right now which is making things a little miserable for her. Danielle is doing so well in Colorado. She really likes her job, has found a wonderful church and has made lots of friends. I was doing well until she sent me a picture of her new hair cut…I loved the hair, but I got so sad. I miss her! Katy is working like a crazy woman. She works for a new apartment complex back home and is wonder woman there. She has just made a huge step into the real world by moving to an apartment with her boyfriend. Regardless of my feelings on the situation, I love her and want the best for her. I miss her! I am contemplating a trip home the weekend of Halloween so maybe I will get to see her. I wouldn’t mind seeing my sweet sweet niece Allison Joy! I love that kid!

Well, I think that about does it. My next post should include pictures from our concert tonight and maybe a few from Homecoming week.

Love to you all!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

H said...

Yay for the pumpkin carving! I'm not that great at it either....I definitely have to buy the kits with the outlining tool, and even then...not so great. But tons of fun! And you will always be beautiful inside AND out, but I'll pray this new endeavor adds even more happiness to your life. Have fun with the hubby tonight at Third Day! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night as I'm rockin out with Travis!!!:)