BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 12, 2009

One phone call can bring us to our knees

Saturday for me was just like any ole Saturday. I slept in, watched an episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta (guilty pleasure...don't ask me why) and waited for my man to wake up.

We went on our merry way to the YMCA for a tour, stopped by the farmers market for some fresh veggies (don't know why I just NOW discovered this place...amazing!), and went to the shoe store for a new pair of kicks. We came home, ate lunch and worked on the wireless internet for about an hour. Finally got that to work, watched the Georgia Bulldogs get their butts kicked and sent my hubby off to work.

Laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning and organizing, cooking supper, jamming out to music and just enjoying the day.

Clint and I sat down to a hearty meal of baked spaghetti and breadsticks..yum. We popped in an episode from Season 5 of the Office and were laughing along.

When.

It.

Happened.

My phone rang. It was one of my closest friends, Holly.

I ran to the guest room so I could pay full attention to the conversation at hand. I hadn't talked to her on the phone in quite a while. I knew she was just getting back from the Beth Moore Conference, so I was all excited to hear how that was. I seemed to be the one doing all the question asking when finally I could tell she was ready to get to the point. She starts telling me how things on their plan weren't going their way...I started getting angry, even punching my pillow. I was mad.

I finish listening to her, and I hear these words: "We are having a baby in January"

To this I stupidly reply: "You're Pregnant?!!?!" To which Holly says "Yeah, Samantha, I am 6th months Pregnant and no one knows"

Oops....WE'RE MATCHED!!!!!

My friend is having a baby! A baby boy. I am THRILLED for them...THRILLED!

When she and I got off the phone, I couldn't help but cry...I mean CRY! I cried out to my Savior...the one I have been praying to for the past 15 months, and he heard me. He heard me! For the past 15 months I have talked to him on a daily basis about my friend Holly. My husband and I have prayed for them together. And now, all I could do was Praise Him.

I am so thankful.

After my cry fest I made a few phone calls...my bff Karen, who is also friends with Holly (Karen's reaction is a whole new post in itself), My sister Danielle, My mom, Amber, Betty and I texted my Teacher's aid from last year as well as my sister in law. All of these women rejoiced with me!

I can honestly say, this experience is unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life...and I am a better person for it for sure!

At this point, I will continue my prayers. I will pray for this sweet baby boy who is one of the lukiest little guys I will ever know. I will pray for this amazing woman who is giving her child an amazing life. I will pray that the paperwork goes the way it should. I will pray for Holly and Donnie, their siblings and their parents. Most of all, I will pray that the Lord's will be done.

Thank you Jesus...Thank you!

Until next time,
Sam

4 comments:

Kel said...

Praise Him indeed!

I am so happy for Holly!!! :D

H said...

Yeah, that was a pretty good summation of what happened:) Didn't know you were hitting your pillow, though:) Have I told you THANK YOU lately for being an incredible prayer warrior and friend? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you so much!

Megan said...

That was a pretty awesome text message to get! Down right awesome and we thanked Jesus the whole time!!!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Wow, that is awesome!! I am so excited for your friend. It's amazing to see God's promises come to pass!! :)