BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Diseases

So here is a short, funny one for ya!

Today we finished up Chapter 13 which has been all about DNA and Heredity. The kids have really gotten into it and enjoyed learning about these subjects.

We finished up by talking about 3 different diseases that are hereditary. Down Syndrome, Sickle Cell Anemia and Cystic Fibrosis. We talked about them in detail and I made the students wait until the very end of the lesson to ask any questions.

Finally the end came and a boy asked “what is the disease that causes you not to be able to play sports?”

One of my more….uh….”nerdy” (I know that’s not nice, but I need you to picture him) boys spoke out (without permission of course) and said “Athlete’s Foot!!” We all got a good laugh out of that one!

2 more classes left today then I am going home to crash! OH so tired! 3 more teaching days until Thanksgiving Break! WOOHOO!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

H said...

Junior high boys...what a special breed:)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

How funny! I agree...junior high boys are a force of their own. :)