BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 30, 2009

A post of all posts...I'm serious!

I am writing this on November 18, 2009. I have no idea when I will actually post this for all the world to see. I absolutely do not want to forget any of what I am feeling at this moment in time.

I am pregnant!

About 8 weeks pregnant!

We found out last night!

This is our story of what led us to today.

My last cycle was supposed to start on Monday, October 19th. It didn’t come. My immediate thought went to the fact that Clint and I had started working out at the YMCA 5 days a week. I had always heard that when you become active after not being an active person, it can throw your whole body out of whack. That is where my thoughts were for the last 29 days. I did take a test on October 22nd….3 to be exact…and they all came back negative. So I chalked it up to the whole active thing.

As the days passed from October 19th to November 17th, I didn’t think much about it. Every once in a while, thoughts would creep in my head about my cycles being all messed up now and not being able to know when I would ovulate again. I never really thought I could be pregnant.

Until…

My boobs hurt SO incredibly bad. And I was SO SO tired! For about a week the thoughts of “maybe this could be it” crept in my head, then I would push them aside not wanting to get my hopes up. I even said something to Clint this past Monday night and he even pushed it aside.

Tuesday morning, November 17th, my coffee pot DIED! So that afternoon, I knew I had to make a stop to replace it, because you know I need my coffee. As I pulled into Target, I thought…”I should get a test.” I got my coffee pot and my pack of two tests and I was off for home. On my way I got to talk to my friend Holly and catch up on the newest news of her adoption journey. Once I arrived home, I stayed in my car to finish my conversation, said my goodbyes and up the stairs I went.

After doing my business in the bathroom, I put the stick on the counter vowing to return only AFTER the 3 minutes had passed. I went to the computer room to check my facebook, allowing the time to slip away from me. When I went to check the stick I was a little confused because this time, I saw TWO pink lines. I read and re-read the directions over and over and over again to make sure I understood what I was seeing. I immediately unwrapped the second test and let it work its magic. Sure enough 2 pink lines.

Pause here: Before this moment, Clint and I discussed that we would each choose ONE person, not family, to tell right away, everyone else would have to wait until we had the all clear.

Resume: After the second test, I grabbed my phone and called my best friend and Matron of Honor, Karen. She picked up the phone, said hello to which I replied “I’m Pregnant!” SILENCE on the other end, which if you know Karen, is SO not normal. Then….she SCREAMED! The rest was a bunch of excitement and recounting the events of the prior month. It was during this conversation that I revealed that 2 tests weren’t enough to convince me and that I wanted to take 2 more! She said for me to go for it!

As soon as we hung up, I was off. I went straight to CVS, driving a little more carefully at this point and made my purchase. Somehow I had enough brains about me to know that I would now need decaff coffee, so I bought that too.

When I got home, I took those two tests. These were the type that actually said the words pregnant or not pregnant. Both of them said pregnant! Yay!

My plans of working out for the evening were long gone! I now had an hour and a half to wait for Clint to get home, and an hour and a half to figure out how to tell him our good news. I knew if I gave him a random gift, he would know something was up. I knew if I gave him a card, he would know something was up. So, I had a new plan, thanks to my BFF Karen.

I took several pictures of the positive tests until I found one that was as clear as possible. I then transferred the picture to our computer and put it as the desktop background. My plan was to get Clint to come into the computer room to show him something and with the wiggle of the mouse, have it all unfold before his very eyes.

The plan worked! He came home and I tried to be as normal as possible. I felt TOTALLY abnormal and felt like I was forcing my words and actions. He had no idea anything was up. I told him to go to the computer room because I wanted to show him something. He wiggled the mouse as my heart beat a million miles a minute and there it was! He said “What?!!? Are you Serious? How did you do that? For real?” It was great! We embraced and the rest is history!

My next post will involve how we tell our families and especially my sister who is flying home from Colorado on Thanksgiving day and Clint and I are scheduled to pick her up! SO FUN!

5 comments:

carrie said...

Congratulations to you guys Sam, that's wonderful news!

Kel said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!!! I can't wait to see all of the amazing happenings in your life! Thank you for sharing your news!!

H said...

Ah yes, I kept you from taking your test earlier:) Sorry about that! I am still so SO SSSSSOOOOOOOOOO excited! I want the Little Guy to have a cousin!:) Love you!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

OH MY GOSH!!! YEAH!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!! I LOVE this story and am soooo happy for you! What a cute way to tell him. Can't wait to hear more!! :) Congrats!

rickaren said...

Lovely. . . I love how I'm all over that story! =) Keep posting!