BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Visit

I posted last time about my grandparents coming to visit during one of the busiest weeks of the school year. They came, we survived, and I am left to pick up the pieces!

Wednesday was Veterans Day, so thankfully, I had the day off. My grandparents arrived about 1:00 in the afternoon, just in time for a yummy lunch of home made mini burgers, chips and a veggie tray! It was delish! Clint headed off to work and my grandparents and I made our way to an Amish bakery (YUM), a goat farm and big lots. We had a good time of being tourists.

Thursday, I was off to work while leaving them home with Clint for the day. They were to meet me at school about 3:00 for the Harvest Festival. I got a text from Clint that said “Just finished hour two of antique shops…HELP” Bless his heart! He won the husband of the year award just for that experience!

They met me at 3:00 and we enjoyed the evening of Harvest Fest although I found myself running from one booth to another and making sure that they were taken care of. It was a stressful evening, but fun at the same time. We did not get home until about 11:00 and I was asleep by 11:30. Crazy!

Friday I had to teach a full day of classes, which, in my opinion (that no one cares about) we should have the Harvest Fest on Friday since the kids were out of it on Thursday and Friday. But what do I know?!?!? Friday was one crazy crazy day! I couldn’t wait to come home and do nothing…nothing with company that is. As soon as I entered the door, my grandparents were sitting at the table playing a card game. They had gone earlier in the day and picked up my new china cabinet, which they gave us as an early Christmas gift. I was thrilled to see it and I absolutely love it! But on to my story… I hadn’t even sat down before my grandma pulled out a note of things to remind me of. She went on to inform me that the sponge that I use to wash dishes with is full of germs and that it needs to be thrown away and she will be making me some dish rags to use. She also let me know that my electric can opener is germ infested and needs to be thrown away as well. Oh, and Sami, one more thing, NEVER put cucumbers in plastic bags in your fridge! SHEESH!!! I was trying to keep my cool, but a good vent on Facebook was what got me through. I know she means well, but I wanted to say, IT”S MY HOUSE and I AM A BIG GIRL! I have NEVER met anyone like her! We ended the evening watching Baby Mama…very funny!

Saturday we woke up super early to head to a 400 booth craft fair in Moultrie about 30 minutes away. We got off just in time and met my awesome mother-in-law there! She is such a good sport! We did have a good time with the exception of my grandma talking to everyone she crossed paths with and telling story after story after story and stopping to do so, even if there were 300 people waiting to get passed us!

Sunday we awoke and went about our business and got ready for church. We hugged them goodbye and off we went! I had a BIG meeting to run after church and I was a nervous wreck! The meeting went well, but by the time it was over, I was exhausted. We got home, took a long nap, got up to eat and went back to bed!

It is now Monday afternoon and I am overwhelmed by the amount of work I have left to do! Grade papers that didn’t get graded. Laundry that didn’t get washed. Grocery shopping so we don’t starve and a little bit of nice, neat orderliness back to my quiet little life.

We had a good time, but you know what they say, “all good things must come to an end!”

From the stress of it all, I am now getting sick and have acquired two cold sores on my top lip! BOO!

Oh yeah, and I just found out I am getting a new student tomorrow! HELP!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

You and your cold sores. . . reminds me of the good ol' days!
Glad you survived. What would I do without you? Have a happy Thanksgiving!

H said...

Just the title of this made me laugh...sounds like a creepy horror flick:) I'm glad you survived your week...before you know it it'll be Christmas vacation and you'll have a little downtime! Love you -- talk to you tomorrow:)