BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ahhhh Friends!

Well my Nashville trip came and went! I had a BLAST! Friday as soon as my kids were dropped off at Dismissal, I was outtahere!

I made my way to the airport, parked my car and headed in to start my journey! It was quite the nasty rainy/drizzly day, so I was bracing myself for changes with my flight. THANKFULLY I had booked to have my layover in Memphis! That ended up being a HUGE blessing because ALL...ALL of the flights through Atlanta were delayed or cancelled! I just wheeled my little self to my gate and there I sat! I read an issue of US magazine that someone left lying there, drank my water and daydreamed of what this trip would be like!

From that point forward, everything went smoothly! I landed in Memphis with just enough time to board my next flight! I sat next to a VERY chatty man that helped pass the time! I landed in Nashville right on time and made my way to the exit. Finally, I saw H! I was SO excited! I just couldn't believe I was actually there. We hugged and surprisingly I didn't cry like I thought I would. I think the excitement just grabbed me! We headed outside and met up with Karen! Oh what a feeling of comfort washed over me! These are my people! These are the ones that know me, and love me...for me!

Once we survived the trip to Karen's house (she was driving) we were ready to CHOW down! So hungry! Pizza, cheetos and cheese puffs...SO YUM! We talked and talked and talked and cried and laughed and cried some more! It was so needed by all of us and worth every penny!

Saturday we woke up and had banana pancakes, sasuage and strawberries dipped in chocolate. Let's just say we ate A TON of food this weekend! We went to the mall and walked around, went to eat at RED ROBIN...YUMMMM, then headed back home for another amazing experience...GiGi's Cupcakes! I had never tried them before, but H and Karen are quite the Cupcake experts! They were SO tastey! H eventually left to go clean the church and Karen and I just hung out and talked some more. We did play the Wii a little too!

Sunday we went to church and I got to see lots of people I hadn't seen in quite a while! The best part was when two former 6th grade girls saw me and gasped! I mean...the big loud kind...it was cute. They are now in 8th grade and did a great job at making me feel old! After church we went to Rafferty's for lunch...SO YUMMY! Oh my just thinking about their Chef salad makes me want one RIGHT NOW!

My flight was scheduled to leave Nashville at 3:50 which had me landing in Atlanta at 6:05 just in time to board my next plane at 6:45....NOT! We didn't leave Nashville until 4:30 after just SITTING on the tarmac! Horrible! The worst part was watching the minutes tick by KNOWING that I was going to miss my plane! And miss it I did! I went to the service desk only to be told the next available flight was at 8:45 P.M. on TUESDAY NIGHT!!! I was supposed to hang out in ATL from Sunday night to Tuesday night....NO WAY! So...I ended up having to rent a car and drive...by myself...to Thomasville! It was quite the experience and many tears were shed. Thankfully I called my boss on Sunday night and let him know what was happening! I took off Monday, which happened to be Clint's day off, so we got to spend the day together!

Let's just say it was a wild ride, but I would do it all again if it meant seeing my friends! The next time I see them will HOPEFULLY be for my shower in May! WOOO HOOO!

Now I am off to beg people to work in Children's Church for the Passion Play! Wish me luck!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

rickaren said...

Loved it. Love you!