BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shock, Relief and BFFs

Good Morning to you all! It is a lovely Saturday morning and I am contemplating how I will spend it. For now, I will post...I do not want to forget the events of yesterday, so here it goes!

You all know, if you read my last post, that I went to Nashville last weekend to visit some friends! I went that particular weekend because I was origianally going for H's baby shower for a baby boy that they were adopting. At that point, to all of us, he should have been theirs forever! But...he wasn't. He never even got to come home with them. I already had purchased my plane tickets and wanted nothing more than to see H and hug her neck and give her a chance to share her heart...whatever she wanted! I wanted so badly for her to have a moment not to think about what should have happened that day. So...I went.

Fast forward to Thursday night...I texted Holly "Hey, I forgot to DVR the Biggest Loser, do you know who got voted off?" She quickly responded with the person and that was that! I know that isn't a huge deal to me, but just wait.

Now, Friday. I am at school. Through the last couple of months I have had my phone on in class so I could get H's updates to know what was going on. But yesterday, I didn't. After lunch, my lips were BURNING. I was digging in my black hole of a purse and found it, but also saw my cell phone and thought to see if anyone called or texted. I checked the text that was there from Holly.

Folks...it was a picture of an absolutely precious baby girl and the text said Guess What???

I was frozen. My mind of couse went "there," but I was trying to stop it. I knew she baby sat a little girl but I knew that little girl was much older than the girl in the picture. I couldn't figure it out in the 10 seconds before I called her. I had students in my class...we were in Study Hall. I didn't care. I had to call. She answered and I said "H, I am in class, I don't have much time, don't play games with me, what is going on?"

She went on to tell me that that little girl, was at their house and for now she is theirs!!!! I could believe it! I think I said Oh my Gosh 4,000 times! I cried a little, laughed a little, and shook my head a lot! I WAS JUST THERE and there WAS NO BABY!!!! We talked for a little longer, no thanks to my super quiet 6th graders (yeah right)! She did mention something about stealing my thunder...CRAZY GIRL and then she said something that made me cry harder, smile bigger and Praise Jesus even more...(makes me cry as I write this)..."And now, Millie and K can be Best Friends!!!"

You bet, they are going to be BFFs! I cannot stop thinking about it! It is taking everything in my power not to scheme up a way to get myself back there in the next few weeks...we'll see!

H had that sweet baby girl at her house when silly ole me was texting her about the Biggest Loser, I find that humorous! I find it neat that she responded without giving a clue as to the biggest event in her life. They kept it a secret from everyone for about 3 days! Great Job guys!

I love H and her friendship and I COULD NOT be more happy for her! What an awesome plan that God had! We always knew He had one, just SO glad this is it!

Amen!
Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! =)

Kel said...

And AMEN!!!