BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A real post this time

Wow! It has been quite a while since I really posted something other than a weekly baby update or something like it. So...here it goes!

Things are going fairly well for us. After the CRAZY week this past week, I have slowed down and rested and caught up on sleep...until today. Today was one of the FIRST days in a while that I was a ball full of energy! I woke up at a decent time, started laundry, ate breakfast, balanced the checkbook, cleaned up the kitchen and dining room table (does anyone else have the problem of "drop-everything-you-possibly-can-on-the-dining-room-table??) and made a plan for the day. Clint had to leave about 3 for a 2 hour drive to cover our local high school in a basketball tournament so I knew I would have the rest of the afternoon to myself.

I ended up driving to Tallahassee to the Walmart there because of their arts and crafts section. If you know me, you know I am SO not the artsy crafty person, but for some reason today, I felt like it. My goal was to make a huge curtain to cover up the door from Millie's room to her bathroom...we need wall space people, not a door to the bathroom. So, I found the perfect color green fabric on clearance and I was off with my 4 yards of fabric and iron on hemming stuff! I just finished them and except for the obvious slant at the bottom (thankfully hidden by the couch we put in front of the door) they look great!

I also decided to do a little papery project to divide up the clothing sizes in her closet. They could have turned out better...but I am so impatient and didn't bother using a ruler...oops! They are still cute!





I am leaving in SIX more sleeps for Nashville! I am so excited to see my BFF's H and Karen! I cannot wait for our slumber party, girl talk and banana pancakes! This is a MUCH needed trip for all parties involved! I will miss Clint, but this is going to be Such a quick trip, I wonder if he'll know I am gone! He will spend time with his family so it's all good! I am so thankful for a man who lets me do things like this without thinking twice!

Let's see...My grandma is still driving me nuts! I think I am going to need some kind of drug to help me survive our WEEK long trip to Colorado in 3 weeks! Seriously! If she tells me one more time "enjoy your sleep now, you wont get it later" I am going to scream! She mentioned to me yesterday that she is thinking about kidnapping Millie after she is born to take her to get her ears pierced...I know she is joking...but for real she needs to chill!

Clint got furlowed again! 5 more days before July! We are so over it now...God has been so good to us...we are fine!

Well that seems to be all I can think of for now. Our bed has no sheets so I must go take care of that...I hope you all are well and enjoying your weekend!

Much love,
Sam

3 comments:

carrie said...

cute signs sam! I'll have to make some too, right now I'm keeping everything in labeled bags...but they are running out of room!

Megan said...

Didn't realize Grandma was going to Denver too! Ugh.... I know you want to go balistic and can't blame you. Pregnancy hormones got me in trouble with her! I can only imagine how she'd treat you.

Love ya!

rickaren said...

See you Friday!!