BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And the craziness continues

Seriously! I feel as if things around me are falling apart at the seams. I am fine. Clint is fine, but the circumstances surrounding our happy little bubble are daunting!

First, my BFF loses her home due to a horrible flood! She would be the first one to tell you that she too, is fine. But, my heart hurts for them. They lost basically every earthly thing they had! Their spirits are up as the waiting game goes on, but I hate it for them!

Secondly, Clint's great uncle Mason, the cutest 93 year old man ever, accidentally ran over two children at a bus stop last week. The fog was terrible...and he is 93. The worst part is that the 5 year old boy that was hit passed away. My heart is breaking for this child's family. My heart is breaking for uncle Mason who wouldn't hurt a flea, and my heart is breaking for the bus driver that witnessed this...who just so happens to be Clint's Aunt Marie. This is an extremely small town where everyone knows everyone and most people are related in some way. I am just so sad over this!

Third, the VERY best preschool teacher, my only friend last year and one of the Godliest people I know...WAS NOT offered a contract for next year. She has been teaching at NFC for 13 years...she has a daughter that is a Junior and a son in 8th grade. She is loved by so many and usually has 30 or 40 requests for 4K students to be in her class. SHE was not offered a contract to come back next year. Why? Because she rarely/never went to Sunday School. Yes, we sign that in our contract. Yes, she was probably asked to attend and warned about it. BUT, I am so sad! I got to speak with her about it and she is at peace and blames herself. Regardless of the "should haves" and "would haves" it is official...and I hate it!

Lastly...today I had a meeting with the Executive pastor. I am no longer the Children's Director of NFBC. Well, I have 4 weeks left until I am done. Basically, they fear that when I have Millie I wont be able to handle being a new mom, a full time teacher and continue with my Children's Director duties. I get it. I do. I fear that too. BUT, now I have another fear...money! Rediculous I know! But just the time that we REALLY need that extra money...when we are having a baby, it's gone! I KNOW that God provides. I KNOW He will take care of us and all will be well. I know this is for the best because that is what God's wants for His children. I am thankful it is now, rather than after Millie so we weren't dependant on that money...can't be dependant if it's not there. I am glad it came from them and wasn't me as a stressed out mom of a 2 month old storming in and quitting leaving them high and dry with nothing but guilt left on my side. There are so many positives and I get that, BUT somewhere inside of me, I feel like I failed. Of course, the pastor reassured me that I did exactly what they needed me to do and I did a great job and all of that, but like I said...I feel like IF I would have come accross as a stronger person, they wouldn't have thought I couldn't handle it. Who knows. All I know at this point is God's Got it and all will be well! As long as Clint and I are on the same page (which we are) and loving each other and continue serving our Savior...All is well!

See what I mean by daunting! It's times like these that we really get to see the hand of God work. I am looking and watching and praising as I see it...I don't want to miss it!

Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

rickaren said...

Wow-- that is all so crazy! I'm so sorry about your Uncle. So sad!
And your extra job? Holy cow! Lord Jesus, come quickly!

carrie said...

Aw, you're going through some trials it seems. Hang in there and lean on Jesus, He knew everything would turn out this way before you did. And I'm there with you in trusting Him for finances. We've learned that in the past year, with the pregnancy and all, and He has overwhelmingly been providing for us, I don't doubt He'll stop after our baby is born too.

Kel said...

I've been wondering about H. Let me know what I can do to help them. If a week in Seattle would do them any good, they are welcome here. If I can send them a care package have her make a list.

As for you! That money will find it's way to you! Have NO FEAR!