BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 21, 2010

Shower #1

Shower #1 was SO FUN! It was a drop in shower from 3:30-5:00! Teachers, students and parents were invited. It was really neat to see who all came. Several of my boy students came with their moms. I could tell they were THRILLED to be there, but they did like the cake.

We got quite a few things that will be of great use I am sure. Tons of diapers and wipes. LOTS of clothes. A few blankets. Pacifiers, sock, teethers and more. I had two favorite gifts. Is that normal to have favorite gifts? Not that I didn't love the other stuff of course.

One was her bouncy seat! Two kindergarten teachers and one of our secretaries went in together to ger it! I was so surprised! It is so CUTE...they kindly reminded me that I was the one that picked it out! :o) I got a laugh out of that.

The other gift was three cardboard books. Goodnight Moon, Dr. Suess ABC's and We're Going on a Bear Hunt. The sweetest part was the card that came with them. It was from one of my students, Jimmy, and he wrote "Mrs. Thompson, These were my favorite books when I was little. I hope Millie likes them as much as I did. Jimmy" I just thought that was the sweetest thing! They are proudly displayed on her very own bookshelf!

One of the most exciting moments came when I got home. Clint was still at work and gave me very strict instructions to NOT bring the stuff upstairs that he would help when he got home. I obeyed...it was hard...but I obeyed. When he got home we lugged it all up the stairs and began show and tell. He was SO INTO IT! I quietly thanked the Lord for giving me a man that wasn't just excited because we got stuff we wouldn't have to buy ourselves, but he was genuinly excited. He looked at all her little outfits. Stacked the diaper boxes up just so, organized the wipes in their corner of the closet and was just so proud. He listened to all of my stories too. I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for all the "stuff", but also for my husband and best friend with whom I get to share this experience with! I wouldn't have it any other way!

We did find out yesterday that our lease is going up $60 a month and that he got furloughed AGAIN! We were bummed, a tad worried and anxious, but by the time the evening was over, once again, we KNEW...God will take care of us!

I will be leaving for Warner Robins in 2 hours and 15 minutes!
Can't Wait!

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: