BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tid Bits

Work- I survived the worst week of work ever! I had to stay behind from the 6th grade trip and had the job of babysitting 31, 6th graders for 5 solid days. We could do no work due to having 27, 6th graders missing. We watched movies (that they talked through), did worksheets (that they complained about) and basically just vowed to survive. I had grand plans of doing science experiments with them, until I found out that it would be JUST me with 31 one of them. No thanks! The part that made it the absolute WORST was having other teachers give me the look that says “you poor thing” AND having principals and people of authority say they had “no idea I was being left by myself.” Bologna! They knew, and it wasn’t their problem, so why should they be bothered!
Anywho…it is now Monday of a new week and I am MUCH better! We are back in our routine and have a working schedule! I love schedules! It is teacher appreciation week and so far I have received 2 Krispy Kreme donuts complete with chocolate milk, a slice of homemade strawberry cheesecake, a bag of cookies with a sprite and a bath set for Miss Millie! So fun! We have 24 days left of school with kids and 5 more without! I am pumped!

Home- Life is good in the Thompson household! Clint didn’t have much going on as far as work was concerned this Saturday so we had quite a bit of time together. Not a whole lot got accomplished other than some much needed rest. I took a great nap on Saturday and Sunday! We got a package in the mail this past weekend from some friends of ours (their first baby is due in June). It had 2 REALLY cute outfits. One was a giraffe print outfit with the cutest pink giraffe. The other was a sweet little fishy dress with jewels on it. SO fun!

Millie- We have our next doctors appointment this upcoming Thursday. We are now going every TWO weeks. Time sure is ticking! We have 11 weeks left! Crazy! We are officially registered for a birthing class. We opted for a one-time Saturday morning class that lasts about 6 hours. The other classes were 3 weeks or 5 weeks, one night a week. There was no way we could do that with Clint’s work schedule, so finding the Saturday class was a blessing. We will have to drive an hour…but….it’s FREE! The others were $75 and $80! This hospital does them for free…cool huh?!?!
We have officially booked THREE showers! SO FUN! My sister-in-law Megan is throwing one for us back home on May 22nd! I am SO looking forward to it! Then on the 29th, Clint’s Aunt is throwing us one from the Thompson side of the family. And lastly, June 1st, a lady from the church Clint’s family goes to is throwing us one. I feel SO blessed knowing that so many people are so excited for us! I will be stopping by TJMAX today to start stocking up on thank you cards!

Friends- Oy! My two best friends in the whole wide world live in Nashville, TN. If you’ve been watching the news at all you know that Nashville is currently under water. It has been so incredibly wet there. H and her family had a little scare with a creek rising and roads flooding, but they were able to get through unharmed. Karen and her husband on the other hand had to be taken by boat from their home. They have not been able to get back to their house just yet to see what kind of damage is there. I have seen a few pictures and am in absolute shock. My heart hurts for them…but their attitude is great….God is Good, All the Time! Even when things happen that are SO out of your control! I love these girls and can’t wait to see them….dry and in one piece please!

Church- BUSY! VBS is right around the corner….well kind of. I will actually have a baby by the time VBS gets here, but we work on this year round! Thankfully we have a 20 year old guy, John Paul, that is SO passionate about VBS…every little detail of VBS, that he does most of it!
Next Sunday is mother’s day and I am in charge of getting 32 kids and 16 teenagers up to the main service and down the aisles to pass out roses to all of the ladies in the church. Sounds like an easy enough task, but it takes a lot of planning and coordinating! We shall see how it goes!

I think that is all for now. Thanks for reading and have a great one!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

H said...

TWO WEEKS!!!! Can't wait!:)