BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One man's joke...another man's pain

This may be trivial and may be solely to blame on my hormones and roller coaster of emotions, but it hurt!

Rewind to day two of the infamous trip to Colorado. I had just gotten out of the shower, dressed and had a towel on my head. I was lying on top of my bed as I let my hair towel dry and watched a little T.V. I wasn't feeling the greatest and was just chillin! All of a sudden, I see my Grandma grab her camera to take a less than pleasing picture of my lying there like a beached whale. You have to understand...I did not look pregnant...just large. There was NO cute belly bump or anything cute about it. I didn't freak about the picture because I didn't really think anyone would see it.

Fastforward to Saturday. My in-laws came over for the Rose festival and as we were walking around outside, my mother in law mentioned to me that my grandma sent her that picture in an email. That was the only picture she sent her. Not a picture of me posing with my hands on my belly looking cute, not one of me and my sister hanging out, nothing other than the one that makes me look the worst. I found it odd, as did my mother-in-law, we laughed it off and that was it. She loves me for me...large or not.

Monday. Worst Day Ever! Horrible day at school, my first cold since November and did I mention Horrible day at school? I sign on to my trusty old Facebook only to see that HORRIBLE picture staring back at me. Sunday My grandma signed up for Facebook...my 75 year old Grandma! (I did JUST get an email from her telling me she didn't like it so she cancelled...we'll see) For some reason out of the bazillion pictures she has on her computer and the other bazillion she took while we were in CO, THAT was the one she felt the need to put on Facebook. I don't care which way you slice it...that hurt. Funny or not...that hurt! The worst part was, I would have never known had my own mother not posted it on her wall too! I kindly emailed my mom and asked her to remove it which she did not realizing that it would hurt my feelings.

Maybe I am being too sensative...but you have to remember, I KNOW my grandma! I know how she is and how she gets pleasure out of making others squirm!

That is all for now...that felt good!

Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

H said...

NO, you're not being too sensitive...why in the world was that the only pic she sent your MIL? Weird. You probably don't look as bad as you thought since your mom posted it too...I don't take her as the mean type...but still, if you didn't like it, then it should go. Period. And dear old gma needs to get off FB!!! Karen told me that Sunday and I thought, "Oh boy, this will be interesting for Sam...:("

What in the world are you doing all week without academics?! I used to go crazy after ONE day like that...you poor thing!

LOVE YOU! Chin up...you'll make it! See you in just 3 1/2 weeks! WHOO-HOO!!!!!!

Megan said...

I agree with Holly - not being too sensitive AT ALL!!!! I saw the picture and cringed. Not because it looked bad, but because I know you and love you and know that you would hate to have that picture out there for all the world to see. She's an odd duck... But I cheered when I got the email that thanked me for wanting to be her friend on FB (I NEVER SENT HER A REQUEST!!!) but that she had cancelled her account because she just didn't have the time. So, we're safe for now. Love you, can't wait to see you May 22!!

rickaren said...

That's flip flackin ridiculous. What a BOOB! Love you!