BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I survived....Barely!

Spring Break came and went!!

Mom, Grandma and I flew to Colorado on Sunday and after a 2 hour delay, and a 3 hour flight, we finally made it! It was SO GREAT to see my sister! She looks fantastic! She is right where God wants her and is doing His work which is awesome!

We were able to see quite a bit of Denver and then some! We ate quite a bit too, which I am taking responsibility for! There were so many neat resturants there which was so fun! Chipotle, The Spicy Pickle, Famous Daves, Noodles and Co and so much more!

We were able to take in the sights of the Red Rocks Ampitheatre, Golden, CO (a quaint little town), the Celestial Seasonings plant in Boulder, Estes Park (WAY up high in the mountains) and even got to see a show called Cirque Dreams Illuminations(so cool)!

Amongst all of that we had our down time too. We were usually back at the hotel by 7-7:30 each night and ready to chill. I did well with the walking and when I couldn't take it anymore, I found a place to sit.

Obviously the hardest part of the trip was dealing with my 75 year old Grandma! Most of you that read this, know our history and know how she is. For the most part things were smooth, but I do have two stories for ya!

The first happened shortly after we arrived at the hotel. We were busily moving around unpacking suitcases and trying to settle our things for the week ahead. There was a dresser type thing under the TV that had three drawers. Logically, I figured we would each get a drawer. I started unloading my stuff and put it in the top drawer...(I got there first, I am the tallest and I have a big belly). I didn't think much about it until, while in the bathroom, I heard "Whose stuff is this?" I immediately KNEW what was about to happen. I fessed up and said it was mine..."Well what makes you think you get the top drawer?" OH MY! It's okay Grandma, you can have it...so, I moved my stuff out and into the lower drawer. It was one of those moments I could have turned into a knock down drag out fight, but chose the high road. I guess it would be different had I not paid for a third of that room...BUT I DID! YIKES!

The second (although there are MANY more, but I will spare you) happened when we went to the Red Rocks Ampitheatre the second day we were there. Dani parked at the bottom not realizing you could drive to the top. We quickly drove by the stairs to the top when I said, "Oh, I can handle that" It really didn't look that tall/steep or that there were that many steps. When we got out of the car and headed to the steps I IMMEDIATELY KNEW there was no way on God's Green Planet that I was going to even attempt to climb those stairs (forget the fact that I am 5 1/2 months pregnant...I would have collapsed before baby too). As I walked toward the stairs to read the signs by them...it happened...there in front of God and everyone I was CHASTISED! Here I am a 27 year old married woman with a baby growing inside of me getting yelled at by my grandmother. (Picture this in an old lady stern voice) "You ARE NOT going up those steps, I WONT have it, I am putting my FOOT D.O.W.N!!!" I couldn't believe it...again, I took the high road and looked her dead in the eye and said "I KNOW Grandma!" and that was that! Why she felt the need to yell at me or to be stern toward me is beyond me! I was so tempted to stomp off toward the steps to see what she would do :) I withheld!

Other than dealing with her drama, and constantly thinking "This is NOT how we wanted this trip to be" (she invited herself when she found out mom and I were going), we had a good time! I missed Clint SO BADLY! This is the longest we have been apart and honestly, I will never do that again...at least with Grandma that's for sure! Thankfully Clint was able to be my sounding board each night and hear all the crazy events of the day...and always agree with me! :)

We are now back in the daily grind of life! Day 2 back at school and things are going well. The kids have Spring Fever FOR SURE...one even said that to me as to why he didn't do his homework...I came back with a "You better get over it real quick or you are going to have more than Spring Fever!" He smiled!

Millie did so well through the trip. She moved SO SO SO much each day, which was so reassuring to me that she was still in there and doing fine! I just love her so much already...I cannot imagine what really having her here is going to be like! I am so excited! 15 weeks to go!

Things I am excited about/looking forward to:

1) Clint has Friday Night off! YAY! (This rarely happens)

2) Talking to my good friend H, who is now a mommy of baby K, on Wednesday! We haven't talked since before K came into her life! Cannot wait!

3) Cooking Cashew Chicken tonight

4) Watching Biggest Loser from last week, before tonight's show comes on!

5) Millie got a gift on Sunday from some people at my In-Laws Church...her very own pearl necklace with the letter M in the middle...TOO precious! I almost cried!

6) I was changing some things on my registry when I noticed that someone has already purchased Millie's BEDDING!!! I have been SO worried about that...silly me!!!

7) Going to the High Risk Doctor tomorrow for what we hope to be our LAST appointment with him! It's just a follow-up sonogram...we are hoping for some great pictures of our girl!

That's all for now! I hope you all are well and rested! I hope your Easter was great too! What a joy it is to know that we serve a RISEN Savior!

Until Next Time,
Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

Your Gma leaves me speechless. Glad you had fun with your sister! Love you, lady!

Megan said...

You know I've been dying to hear the stories... GOODNESS!!!! You are SOOOOO the better person!!!!