BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Cooking Mishap

Before I go any further, please know that I in no way intend this to be a post dedicated to making my husband feel dumb! We laughed about it...I laughed a lot more at first, but he did slowly catch on.

Today is Clint's day off. Whenever he has a day off, he always volunteers to cook supper. So on tonight's menu was Fish Sticks, Tator Tots and Mac and Cheese (the blue box). I knew from the get go that I would help because figuring out what temperature and what time for two different things to go in the oven is always quite the task (for me too!)

I made my way into the kitchen and started taking care of business. This is when he informs me that he has never made Macaroni and Cheese before...not even the blue box kind. This is honestly not surprising to me because A) I know his mother and B) he is not a fan of cheese. So, in my very own Samantha-like way, I explain to him that I would love to teach him because "What if you are watching Millie one day and she wants Mac and Cheese!" Totally reasonable I know!

I explained the boiling of the water, take out the pouch with the cheese and dump the noodles in. So far, so good! At this point he is obviously pre-occupied with cleaning out the ice maker and fixings some screws on the cabinet while waiting for the noodles to boil. I kindly ask him to get out the butter and the milk. 4 Tbs of butter, I show him how to cut the stick. I then ask him to measure out 1/4 cup of milk. Done.

Time passes, the water is boiling and I find myself a little confused...the water was blue! Hmmm...I EVEN double checked the box to make sure I didn't get some fancy kind of mac and cheese that turns colors! I was a little perplexed because now the water was blue and foamy....

We drain the noodles, I drop the butter in, mix it up and let it melt. I then asked the question "Where's the milk?" To which I hear...."I put it away." I immediately KNEW what happened! I seriously had to hustle to the couch to sit down because I was laughing so hard! SO HARD! He put the Milk in with the water to boil with the noodles....

Now that explains the blue water! It was QUITE the moment! I am still laughing!

Quite the long post for the subject...but Oh so worth remembering!

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: