BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shower #2

Before I begin talking about shower #2, I must tell you about our Doctor's appointment yesterday! Millie's head is down my people! Until this last appointment, she has been breeched! I am proud of my girl! Thank you Lord for having her turn! Also, while her strong little heartbeat was being checked, the midwife noticed Millie had the hiccups! I hadn't felt them before, but when she mentioned it, it was very obvious that that is what it was. Too sweet! I have gained a total of 10 pounds for this pregnancy and continue to have good blood pressure readings! They are also very proud of me for not having any swelling! Go us!

We had our second baby shower this past Saturday! It was GREAT! It was at my mom’s house and was thrown by my two Sister-in-laws, Megan and Christy!

The highlight of the weekend was by far seeing my two best friends from Nashville and H’s sweet precious baby girl K! I have waited patiently to get my hands on her and I finally got the chance! They were only in Warner Robins for a mere 16 or so hours, but I am SO glad they came! As I held and loved on beautiful baby K, I couldn’t help but get emotional! H has waited SO LONG for her and she is perfect! She is the perfect fit for their family and H is wonderful with her! Also, I couldn’t help but think to myself…and I think I said it outloud too, “I want one of these!”

I also began to think how much I doubted that I would ever be able to conceive a baby. I never thought I would be able to...thanks to Satan and his ability to get in my head every now and then. I always “knew” it wouldn’t happen or that it would be a long hard road! Thankfully, that wasn’t God’s plan for us. When the times come that I get scared or nervous about what to expect…I have to remind myself how sad I would be if I weren’t in this position! I am thankful HE knows the plans for my life and that I can fully trust HIM to take care of me!

Anyway, back to the shower. It was a drop-in shower. I was able to visit with many of the ladies that have seen me grow up. I don’t have many friends left in Warner Robins, other than my good friend Lisa. It was still wonderful to see all of them and hear them reminisce about when I was younger and how crazy it is that I am having a baby and how time flies. It was really special to share this experience with my mom too! My grandma was there as well as my Mother-in-law. I felt so blessed!

As far as gifts….we got her bedding!!! TONS TONS TONS of clothing! Her hamper, nightlight and lamp. The CUTEST lady bug twilight thing…(not the books mom)…that lights up a starry night in her room. The bjorn carrier thingy. Her pack n play! Did I mention clothing??? Some of it I have already taken back and gotten size 24 months! Seems crazy to be buying that big, but it was the only logical thing I could think to do!
We did get a HUGE box of diapers too! Oh yeah and her diaper genie! LOTS of bibs and burp cloths….even two with her name on them! Oh yes…and she now has a total of 52 baby washcloths. May be exchanging some of them as well! All in all we have almost everything a baby could need…or so I think!

It really is fun unwrapping it all and seeing the gifts that people so kindly get for us. But, I have to say the most fun thing has been, opening them again at home and finding the perfect places for them all!

Last night, Clint and I got to put her bedding on her crib! That was SO neat to see it all come together! It looks great and I am SO satisfied with my first and final choice of bedding….I never wavered until the end….weird I know! We still have tons more to put away, but will be doing a few loads of baby laundry first…no clothes yet. I did get to do my first load which was sheets and mattress pads….even that was fun!

I am overwhelmed by the love that has been shown to us! I am unbelievably appreciative and grateful!

Off to write more thank-you notes!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the Millie-gator from your dad & Cindy yet?