BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Whirlwind

Can you believe I am 34 weeks pregnant??? I sure can't! There were times during the first 17 weeks of this experience that I thought I would NEVER see the light at the end of the tunnel...now that same light seems to be heading at the speed of light!

A friend of mine, due June 17th, had her baby on May 28th. Sweet baby Will was 3 weeks early. She and I talked about once a week and compared stories throughout most of her pregnancy and all of mine so far. She called me this past Tuesday, 4 days after giving birth to her son. She called with detailed details of her labor experience. Let's just say, I like information, but I am still scared! Not to the point of panic or even tears, but I will admit that it lays heavy on my mind thinking about what is to come! I know that the Lord will be with me every step of the way, and I know that Clint will be there too! I am claiming the old faithful Bible verse, "I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength!" (Phil 4:13)

Anyways...we have had a total of 4 baby showers! I cannot tell you in adequate words, how blessed we truly are! Millie is already an extremely loved little lady! After each shower, we'd come home and go straigt to her nursery with all our goodies. Let's just say the place is FULL! At this point it is hard to know what to do first. Her crib is totally done...and looks mighty sweet! As I type this I have a load of bibs, washcloths and birpcloths washing. Next is the load of blankets. I haven't even attempted the clothing yet and will probably just wash one size at a time...waiting for her to grow in to the next one. My grandparents are coming next weekend with the sewing machine in tow. Grandma will be making curtains while grandpa hangs curtain rods, her clock, a ladybug plaque and another plaque of Psalm 37. Hopefully that will keep them busy enough so as not to change/rearrange what I have already done. We shall see!

I never realized that baby stuff would need to be in the kitchen. Call me crazy, but the thought never crossed my mind. SO...today will be organize/purge the kitchen day. To be honest it has needed to be done for QUITE a while now, but I never "got around to it." So...if I want to be able to do it myself without input from a certain 75 year old lady, I must do it before she comes!

In other news, I am done with 6th graders!!!! We said our goodbyes on Thursday and I had a work day yesterday! It is such a rewarding feeling to know that I made it through 34 weeks of pregnancy only missing 2 1/2 days of school! I might just have to buy myself an ice cream for that! Next week we have meetings and will be cleaning out our rooms. I cannot complain! I still don't know what/where I am teaching next school year, which is never a great feeling, but I cannot add that to the list of things to fret about! Whatever will be will be! I am trusting the Lord to put me right where He wants me that is best for me and my little family, as well as what is best for the school!

That is about all for now...here are a few pictures of the nursery progress:





4 comments:

Kel said...

I am so excited for you!! :D

I love the bookshelf! I need to do that in Jack's room! I have one of those that is full of nothing important!

I remember when I realized we'd need a spot for stuff in the kitchen. I looked around and said, "We need a new kitchen!" I did all the remodeling and now we have one drawer for baby stuff. One. Drawer. It's ok though, I figured out what you use the matching tea cups from your china for...baby food bowls. Thank you Mikasa! And to my relatives for 16 place settings!

rickaren said...

The nursery looks great, lady! Great job! Love you, miss you, call me when you're through. Take care of you.

carrie said...

Cute room! looks like you got some good stuff :) I loved washing our baby clothes, even if folding took 5 times longer for all his little things. I'll let you know if we tire of it, but I doubt it.
How exciting you are getting so close to meeting your little one, praying for a fearless and fast birth for you. In the end I was more excited than fearful of birth, I'm sure you will too, the Lord prepares you to be sooo uncomfortable you are ready!!!

H said...

I am registered for those same boxes on your shelves...love them! They're on clearance here, so I may end up going and getting them myself:)

Can't wait to hear the stories from when gma comes...I know it will cause you pain, but look at the bright side...it gives us something to say, "Are you kidding me?!?" about:)

And just so you know...praying for your labor. Every day. Love you!!!