BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 12, 2010

35 Weeks!!!!

Here we are my friends...week 35! I am still feeling pretty good! The only thing that is super tough at this point is bending over and rolling over...quite the act if I might say. Clint literally has to give me a push to get me going! I try really hard not to laugh because then it becomes nearly impossible! Still no major swelling or anything abnormal. I did officially take off my wedding rings for fear of swelling fingers and not being able to get them off. Just thought I'd take that percaution.

We survived my grandparents visit. Believe it or not, there was not one "incident" the entire trip. They arrived Thursday evening about 4:45, after saying they would be here at 5 then calling Clint in the morning saying they were coming at 2:30. After I pitched a fit, called them and made her promise not to go in Millie's room without me, they didn't end up coming until 4:45. I think there may have been a smidgen of guilt for changing their plans. They KNOW I like to have a plan and stick to it! IF you say 5, then it's 5!!!
Anyway, they got in and we immediately got sucked into Millie's room. They were amazed at all we have for her. I continually made sure to give credit to the Lord for providing for us. It is nothing we deserve or have done to make it happen, it is the provision of the Lord and I will claim that forever!

Friday I had to be at work from 9-11 which is when they took the opportunity to start Millie's curtains and start hanging stuff on the walls. I got home about 12, we ate and kept on going in the nursery! By 7:00 we were done! We enjoyed dinner and a few games at the card table and bedtime was here! This morning I got up about 8 to find my Grandma up and reading the paper. She announced that instead of leaving Sunday morning, they were leaving this morning. I was a little shocked and a little thankful all at the same time. She is not the type that enjoys "sitting around" at all, and she knows that at this point, that is all I can and should do, especially in this heat! She made me promise I would take the day and rest and relax! Not a hard promise to make at all!







We saw them off about 11 then headed straight for the pool! I feel THE BEST when I am in the pool! Totally weightless and wonderful! So glad I got a bathing suit when I did...I tried shoving myself into my old one, but seriously thought I was going to cut off circulation! BLT's for lunch with a little Cosby show and Clint was off to work!

I did venture out today in order to pick up some trash bags after throwing a fit in CVS because they wouldn't take my coupon. (It wasn't a real fit, but I just left my stuff and walked out...I hate it when that happens!) I went to the Christian bookstore to redeem a giftcard that I got from a student for teacher appreciation...I got a brand new Christian Fiction book that I can't wait to start! Now that summer is here, I have LOTS of time!

Tomorrow is our LAST time to teach Children's Church for a while! Also, Friday was my last day for my Children's Director job. I can't say I will miss it too much. I love the kids, but the extra weight on my shoulders is nice to let go!

Also, tomorrow Clint's parents are coming to visit for two reasons...one to see the nursery and the second because the CANTELOPES are ready!!!!! I have been waiting for SO long to get my hands on a Cantelope from Thompson Farms!!! I cannot wait and neither can Millie! :)

That is about all I can think of for the goings on in good ole South Georgia. I am looking forward to a week of sleeping when I can, wearing what I want, eating when I want and taking a dip in the pool when I can! Thursday we go to visit our babysitter for Millie...this give Clint a chance to meet them and find their house...we are very excited about that...plus she is making banana pudding! Friday is our last 2 week doctor's appointment...then it's everyweek! Praying for normal measurements!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

H said...

The nursery looks so great! She did an amazing job on the curtains!:) I know you were glad to have a whole day of rest and relaxation!!!

I wish I could see it in person...at some point we'll have to make a little trip your way! IT'S GETTING SO CLOSE!!! Love you:)

rickaren said...

I do so love the nursery. It looks so lovely and cozy for a little baby Millie. =)
Call me some evening, and, as your mom says, we'll "yak it up." Her Facebook still makes me laugh! Love you, Mom Alday!