BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Call Me Crybaby

Yes, I know I am hormonal! Yes, I know it is normal! I get it!

Over the last 4 days, I have cried more than I feel necessary!

I have ALWAYS been a crier! Just ask my mom and grandma. I cried about everything growing up. I didn't use my words well, I just cried. Living with my roommate Betty, watching TV, I would cry at just about anything sappy. I remember her always peering over the arm of the couch to look at me to see if it hit yet...now, Clint does the same thing.

This week though, Clint has been working every afternoon and evening, so I find myself with a lot of alone time. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it. There isn't much to do in this horrible HEAT with this humongous belly, so a lot of my time is spent reading or watching tv.

These are things that get me:

1) A Baby Story: Don't ask me why I watch that. I don't know. I am intrigued by it. I think to myself "can I really do that?" or even "oh I hope I don't scream like her." I am always fine until that baby comes out...then I am overcome with emotion for TOTAL strangers! I boohoo every single time! The whole concept of birth is unbelieveable and I can't wait for my own Baby Story to get here (well, maybe I can wait a little longer).

2) Karen Kingsbury: Ever heard of her? She writes Christian Fiction books. I have honestly read EVERY book she's ever written. I don't own that many since we have a nice library and over the years I have jut borrowed from friends. Anyway, Monday I pulled one our called "Ocean's Apart" and OH.MY.SOUL...I boohooed some more! I LOVE her books and reccommend them to anyone who asks! I can't wait until June 22nd...I get to go pick up "Take 4" in her series...Clint ordered it for me for our anniversary...just gotta go get it!

3) Phone calls from sisters: Elizabeth- Elizabeth is 24, married and stationed with her husband, Rob in Germany. Since May, Rob has been deployed to Kuwait. She has been alone in a foriegn land. She does have many friends, which I am thankful for. She is so strong. She is working her butt off and losing weight and anxiously awaiting time to pass so she can come back to GA for 30 days. I got to talk to her for the first time in a while the other day and when we hung up, I got emotional! She is one of the strongest people I know and has been through a ton. I am proud of her and couldn't help but have to take a deep breath when we hung up! Can't wait to see her and introduce Millie to her!

Danielle- 22, Colorado, works at the 3rd largest homeless rescue mission in the U.S. She deals mainly with the children and she is amazing! I miss her so so much and can't wait for her to visit in August. I am SO glad she already has her plane ticket! She called me Tuesday night really quick to let me know that she and her boyfriend of 4 monthsish, broke-up. I am not gonna lie, I cried a little. Not for any other reason, but because I am so proud of her. She handled it well and they are able to still be "friends", go to the same church and small group. He was great, just not for her, and that's okay! She is the coolest!

Katy-19 and having a baby in January. I love her! I always have! I have talked to her twice in the last two weeks and both times it was for close to an hour. She and I are in the "same shoes" so to speak. Her pregnancy is very new and very scary for her so I welcome the chance to get to talk to her and be there for her. She is coming on Saturday along with her boyfriend, my dad and Cindy. I am very excited to see her, hug her neck and pat her little tummy!

I have also shed quite a few tears for an aquaintence of mine. She lost her sweet baby girl yesterday. She was almost 6 months old. Sweet baby Mina had a rare disease called Pompes disease. She is with Jesus now, healthy and breathing heavenly air, but it hurts my heart to see people go through this kind of stuff. I am continually whispering their names to Heaven that the Lord would comfort them at this time and the rough times that are yet to come.

So you see, some silly, some serious, but I have my reasons to cry!

Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cry all you want baby girl!

H said...

Sounds like plenty of good reasons to me! I cry now more, too...well, normal crying for me is more tearing up, but I do more of it.:) Life is so sweet, you just can't help yourself!

And excuse me...30 DAYS? ONE MONTH? OR LESS? Hallelujah!

Come on, Millie! Love you:)

Elizabeth :) said...

Awww!! Thanks, Sam! Your pregnant mind must be at it though b/c I'm 25, lol! But you're so sweet! I'll be seeing you and Millie in about a month, hopefully!!! :)