BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Post Potpourri

So much to say, about all different things...so here goes a "potpourri" of topics!

1) Doctor's Visit- We went to the doctor yesterday and started week one of our weekly appointments. Everything went as normal as it could go. It was my first real (clears throat) TEST if you know what I mean. I am not dialated, but my cervix is starting to thin and Millie's head is "nice and low." When I asked about her size, the midwife said it is average. We go back June 30th to the high risk doctor for an ultrasound, so we may know more of a "guesstimated" size! The midwife started going over the signs of labor with Clint and I...I felt like I should be writing things down! We are basically just supposed to pay attention to my body. The midwife also said "what got the baby in there, often times gets the baby out," just what Clint needed to hear! He was all smiles and ready to have the baby today. I have convinced him she needs to stay in for a while longer to help her lungs fully devlop! He believes me for now...I just can't think about all that! :)

2) Children's Ministry- I am no longer the Children's Director for the church. It's all good. I went last night to a meeting for every worker that works in some part of the Children's Ministry. I was surprised with cake and punch and balloons a few gifts and a big fat Target gift card from the volunteers in the Children's Ministry. So very sweet and once again, We are so very blessed!

3) Family Visit- My dad, stepmom, sister Katy and her boyfriend Mark came to visit us this morning. They arrived about 11:00, we showed off the nursery, chatted a bit then off we went to Longhorns for lunch. More baby talk and making my dad squirm, we had an enjoyable lunch and came back home. I made my dad a blackberry cobbler because I know it is his favorite. I had fresh blackberries and knew that would be the best use for them! ;) We had dessert...which he loved and they were off. We got to spend about 3 1/2 hours with them! It was really great to see them again...it's been a little while!



4) Father's Day- Father's Day is tomorrow! I love, love, LOVE my dad so so much! I am also very much looking forward to seeing Clint shine as a daddy! He is going to be great and I know a tear or two or three will be shed as I see him in action! I also, must say that I have the BEST father-in-law a girl could ask for! I love him!

5) Tifton- Normally this time of year, I find myself driving a tractor or a truck full of watermelons and/or cantelopes. Not this year. We are still going to visit for a week and a half to get Clint out there to help his dad a bit, but I will be confined to the couch. I have grand plans of shelling peas, writing thank-you notes and reading a book or two... of course there is always tv and movies. I just hope I don't drive my mother-in-law crazy. They are empty nesters this summer because my brother-in-law Wesley (20) is working at a camp in TN all summer. Hopefully they will welcome the company!

6) Pool- I LOVE THE POOL! I have been 5 times in the last 6 days. I do nothing but float around on my pink pool noodle (Thanks Honey!) It is the one place that I feel "weightless" and it is so great! I LATHER up the sunscreen for sure! I am getting quite the nice tan too!

I think that is about it for now!
Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

rickaren said...

So, I guess we know what you'll be doing. . . ha!
You sure are cleaning house with the showers-- that's great. The more the merrier! :)
I love you. I miss you. I'll talk to you soon.