BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Big Baby

We had our 34 1/2 week check-up yesterday! I managed to not gain a SINGLE pound in two weeks! Woo Hoo! Those were two weeks of baby showers, cake and yummy food too! Everything was pretty much routine other than having to get blood drawn to check my thyroid one last time...and she took it out of my hand...that hurts!

The midwife moved on to measuring my stomach which measured at a whopping 38 cm. Each time we go, it seems to measure exactly what week we are on. Apparently that is what is supposed to happen. But, not yesterday! Yesterday, should have measured 34 or even 35 or maybe even 36...but it was 38. When the midwife looked at me, her eyes were HUGE and in a serious tone she said..."that's a big baby!"

At this point I am not scared or anything, I just wanted to know what she meant by that because surely she meant something. She went on to tell me that if next weeks measurements are "abnormal" like this weeks they will do an ultrasound to see about how much she weighs and go from there. She mentioned something about possible induction, but that it's nothing to think about now...it's too early! It's all good, but Clint and I have made a unanamous decision to have the carseat installed in the Jeep, our bags packed and Millie's bags ready before our next appointment!

Holy Moly we are packing bags people!

On another note, I have added a people tracker to my blog just to see who comes and goes. Most of you I can figure out who you are, but then there are a few that I am just SO curious to know who you are! So...please introduce yourself! I would love to know who reads this!

Alrighty, must run and finish cleaning the other half of my classroom...little by little things are getting done! 2 more days of outservice then summer can officially begin for me!

Until next time,
Sam

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, girl. They told me the same thing and all it was was that I had a TON of fluid. When they broke my water, my doctor started looking for Noah...it was that bad.

In other news, you have to tell me how you did the tracker.

rickaren said...

Hello! I read your blog on a regular basis. We have a lot in common-- we both went to PCC, went to Metro Baptist Church, even know a lot of the same people. It's crazy. My name is Karen. Maybe we have met in real life before. . .

H said...

Karen cracks me up...:)

DId you have to pay for the tracker? I've always wanted one!

Not long now!!!:)

Lauren said...

Hi Sam, I totally understand about the tracker thing. I recently switched my family blog to private due to seeing a regular visit for Moscow City, Moscow on the tracker. I mean come on, really what is someone from Moscow doing reading our family blog? The trackers great, I love it. I'm the one from Jacksonville, Florida. :) I found your blog on Holly's page. We worked together at MCA. -Tara Edens