BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 24, 2009

What a week!

I can't believe it is already April 24th! Seriously! Where does the time go? It has been a pretty good week so far (aside from a little family drama). It was my early week which means I get to leave at about 3:15 and I don't have to step one foot on that playground in the afternoon. I thoroughly enjoy the weeks like that.....we are on a 4 week rotation.

Yesterday, Clint was off. He has been taking his off day on Thursdays. No...its not Saturday, but it is still most enjoyable. We had big plans to get home and go wash our cars together...NOPE...didn't happen. We hit a huge lazy day and played the Xbox! We are totally hooked on this game called peggle. It is really quite fun and a can waste time if you aren't careful. I made cashew chicken for dinner...so yummy! Tonight is the Rose City Parade. Thomasville is the city of roses and always has a festival in April. Clint has to cover it for the paper, so I will tag along! I love nights like this when I get to hang out with my wonderful husband!

School has been good. The kids are enjoying the warmth and I am enjoying the fact that jacket season is over. That was so annoying having to bundle them up 5 times a day. Some will still ask if they need their jacket to which I reply..."No, it is 90 degrees outside" and my inside voice says "are you kidding me???"

My sister Danielle is graduating from college in a mere 21 days! She is SO ready to be done and I know how that feels! I have thought so much about the college graduating class of 2009 and how scary of a time it is for them. With all of this "economic turmoil" that we are in, finding a job, with no experience, is a tough one! (finding a job with experience is a tough one!) I am so PROUD of Danielle though. She got a job! SHE got a job! She will be moving to Denver, CO for a 1 to 2 year internship/real job. She will be working at the Denver Rescue Mission with homeless (and as I type this, I think I have already mentioned this...oh well). Anyway...I am so thrilled for her, but so sad to think that I wont see her until Christmas! But now that I think about it...I haven't seen her since last Christmas! Thank God for Facebook!

Clint and I will be driving up to Toccoa Falls to see her graduate. I will be taking off a Friday to make the trip. Sadly...it is without pay....because didn't you know NOTHING personal can happen in a teachers life from August to June. NOT one personal day...NOT ONE!!! Booo....! But, it will be worth it to get to spend THREE whole days with my husband and him not have to be at work...who cares if most of it will be in the car! It will be worth it to see my sister graduate and to marvel at her accomplishments. It will be worth it to see my family...if just for a little while!

Life is just pushing along. No news on the job front for Clint! Still praying for our future and waiting on pins and needles to see what God is going to do.

Praying for all of my adopting friends out there. Not sure if any of them read my blog (doesn't compare to their amazing stories), but I read theirs, and if you have time, you should check them out. Go to my profile and see the blogs that I am following. They are all great.....otherwise I wouldn't be following them! :) God is doing amazing things out there and I am so glad to get to see a small glimpse of that through these blogs!

Alrighty....

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

Have fun at Danielle's graduation! Road trips with the husband? My favorite! Have so much fun!

H said...

Yay for sunny days:) It was eighty-something here today...I was actually sweating at recess! Only 14 school days lefts, PTL! And just so you know, I read every single post:) You are a HUGE blessing to me, and I am SO grateful for your encouragement! I'll be praying for the job situation...it'll all work out and we'll look back and say, "We prayed for that!" Love you girl...have fun at the parade:)