BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Well...here I sit. I hear the Atlanta Braves playing on the television, the dryer drying my last load of clothes for the weekend, and my dear husband snoring on the couch next to me. This is not what I imagined my first married Easter to be, but its all good! We went to church this morning and taught children's church. I had been preparing all week for it to be a large group. Large group it was! There were 30 4 and 5 year olds! NO way was I going to do a craft with a group that large and only 15 chairs to pull up to the tables...NO way. We managed to do our lesson and watch a Veggietales Easter video before the mommies and daddies came!

My in-laws will be here in about an hour. They are going to our church Passion Play with us! We are so glad to get to see some family on Easter. It has been really odd to not have that thus far, so I am really thankful. I really do love my in-laws, so it makes it that much better!

As most of you know, (the two of you that read this) I am praying that I will not have to teach 4K next year! I have been praying pretty much since day one that something would come open for the next school year for me to step right into. It is looking like that is going to happen, although I am not 100% sure and wont say anything until I know for sure. With that possible change to come, I will have to come up with a clever title for this blog. As I look back through this blog, I am SO GLAD I took the few minutes to write these funny things down. I have decided to continue blogging as a journal...so you never know what you may get!

I have been sucked into the land of reading other blogs since about December. You see, I have this friend. My friend and her husband have been approved and waiting in the land of adoption since last July. She started a blog in December and since then I have gone from one blog to another reading stories about people just like her. Some have gotten their babies, some have been matched and some are still waiting for their CALL! Since venturing into that part of bloggy land, my heart has been softened. So far the main thing I have learned is that everyone has a story and that I have to be so careful what I say to people. Words can hurt even when not intended to. I don't know the things going on in others lives and I should be a little more compassionate with people. I am SO grateful that I have begun keeping up with some of these amazing people. I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear good news from them!

I think that is all for now! Oh yeah...one more thing. My sister Danielle (21) is graduating from Toccoa Falls College in May. Her major is Family and Children's ministries. Her passion is homeless people and seeing them in transition. She worked last summer in Denver Colorado at the Denver Rescue Mission. Well...she has just received a job for one year with Americorp at the Denver Rescue Mission. I am SO proud of her and am thrilled that she gets to step right into something she loves and something she will do so well at!

Alrighty, must straighten up a little before the fam gets here!
Much Love,
Sam

0 comments: