BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Change

TODAY should be my very last day of aftercare! I am THRILLED!

Clint and I are leaving tomorrow for Toccoa, Georgia! My little sister is graduation from college! We are SO excited! I am making homemade chex mix tonight, we have our diet cokes ready for the road, Dani’s gift is wrapped and ready….all I have left to do is laundry and packing! YIPEE! I am having a hard time concentrating because I am SO excited!

As I type this, Clint is at a job fair in Thomasville. He is SO OVER the newspaper business and trying to line things up to get out of it! We are thankful for the job he has, but we realize the time has come! We are praying that doors will open for him.

Change is something I have never been very good at dealing with. I am getting better at it the older I get, but it is definitely not my favorite thing in the world! My parents divorced when I was 15…CHANGE. My dad remarried when I was 16…..CHANGE. I moved 6 hours away to go to college for four years….CHANGE. My mom remarried when I was 21…CHANGE. I moved after college 6 hours away in another direction to take a job where I knew no one…CHANGE. Life was pretty calm for 4 years during my time in Nashville. Then….more CHANGE. I quit my teaching job in May of 2008, got married in June of 2008 and moved 9 hours from my normal….CHANGE. I started teaching preschool in August of 2009….CHANGE. I am currently anticipating CHANGE in the grade I am teaching for the upcoming school year. And then came yesterday.

Yesterday I had a meeting with one of the pastors of my church. This was a meeting that he called. Apparently I have been recommended to be the “Children’s Coordinator” for the church. This is a part time paid position. If I choose to accept this offer, this would be on top of my teaching job. The pay is quite amazing and would allow Clint and I to reach some financial goals and family goals a little sooner than expected. I love children and I have always loved working with them. I see the vision very clearly that the Pastor was talking about. I get it. However….my life would CHANGE drastically. For the better…yes….for the crazier….yes….but CHANGE! With this position, there would be no more weekend trips to Tifton to visit Clint’s family. Permission would have to be given for me to miss Church. I am not used to that. I am used to having freedom in that area. That scares me. I do believe with all of my heart that the Lord is involved in this and that His hand is controlling this entire thing. I just want to KNOW that I am doing the right thing in whatever we decide. So…if you think about it…pray for me. Pray for us. I have to let them know within the next two weeks.

I think this is all that is going on now…as if that is not enough!  9 more school days for me….can I make it??? Yes I can!

One funny from this morning:
Olivia: Mrs. Thompson, I know you wont be here tomorrow.
Mrs. Thompson: How do you know that? (I told them yesterday)
Olivia: Because I am a “Reed Minder!”

Thanks for reading such a scattered mess!
Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

H said...

Oh my goodness, what an honor! That is pretty amazing considering how long you have been there...you must have made a great impression this year! I want to know more, of course:)...call me if you're bored traveling. I will definitely be praying for you daily that God shows you the right path to take and makes it very obvious...I empathize with the weight of it all. Only nine more days...that's awesome! Love you!