BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I should be bouncing off the walls....

The title is correct. I should be bouncing off the walls! I should be shouting from the roof tops, throwing myself a party! Tomorrow is the last day of school. Tomorrow I will say goodbye to my "babies." Tomorrow I will wear a hawaiin skirt, flip flops and eat snow cones at our luau party. I should be bouncing off the walls....right???

Don't get me wrong...I am excited! I am ready for an exciting summer and the chance to spend lots more time with my love. I am SO excited! I mentioned a few weeks ago about a new job opportunity with my church. I have officially accepted and am now the "children's coordinator" for North Florida Baptist Church! I am excited about what that means and the doors that are opening because of it.

In the midst of my excitement...I am bummed.

I found out today that a girl I went to college with, Mal, was killed in a car accident on Sunday. It was a total shocker for me and I am so incredibly sad for their family. She was 24 and totally loved life. I know she was a believer and I am thankful that she is with Jesus, but my heart is just sad.

I have been following a fellow blogger for a while now. She is a great writer and very interesting to read. We actually went to college togther and she and her family have recently relocated to Nashville. I have only written her twice in the blog land and she has LOTS of followers, so I am sure she has no idea who I am. From what I gather, she and her husband and little boy have been attending my old church. I read her blog yesterday and found out that the baby she had been carrying for 6 months died in her womb. 6 MONTHS! My heart broke. My heart is just sad. I don't understand.

I have been in CONSTANT prayer since last Friday about my dear friend Holly and her husband Donnie. There was a chance that they would be chosen to adopt a baby that was already born...in their city. All we had to do was wait and pray. So that is whay I did. I prayed and cried, prayed and laughed, prayed and smiled. I LOVE that I can be so open with my Savior, and I love that He gets me! I found out Tuesday that they weren't chosen. I know that their faith is so strong and they are content with the fact that it wasn't their baby and that when its their time it will be perfect. I am amazed at their ability and know that the credit the Lord for it all. My heart is just sad. I wonder why it isn't their time. Why?

Lastly...and this minors in comparison to the previous three...but Jon and Kate Gosselin make me sad. I along with Clint have come to love the Gosselin family. I know it sounds cheesy, but I really do love those kids! I watched their show Sunday night and saw the "divorce train" barrelling down the tracks. It made me so sad. I think it is interesting how they can sit back and say "its all about the kids" "whatever is best for the kids"...and think that divorce would be at all best for the kids. I would like to have 5 minutes to tell them from a child of divorced parents, that divorce is not best for those kids. Whatever happend for fighting for your marriage? Whatever happened for choosing to love each day? The whole situation makes me sad.

Just getting it all out. Feel a tad better because of it. Thanks for reading.

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

rickaren said...

Wow. That was sad. I love you. K bye.