BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 18, 2009

A Whirlwind Weekend

We are back safe and sound from our weekend getaway! We had a blast! We started out Friday morning bright and early! We left about 9:45 and made our way to Perry, GA before stopping to potty, eat and switch drivers! We ended up making it to Toccoa by about 4:00, checked into the hotel and relaxed for about an hour before my mom and Larry, Grandma and Grandpa got there! We were settled into our hotel room and ended up having to switch with my grandparents because ours had a refrigerator. No, they didn’t really need it, but if you know my grandma, you’ll understand! We did it with smiles and it wasn’t that big of deal. Just typical!

We hung out and chit chatted until about 6:30 and then headed to meet up with Dani at her dorm/house/cottage thing. It was GREAT to see her! I hadn’t seen her since Christmas and I am so so glad I got to be a part of her special day! We went to the Baccalaureate service which was wonderful and very much a blessing! They had an amazing reception for the graduates and their families. Ice sculpture, fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses, and desserts galore….and don’t forget the chocolate fountain!





Saturday we woke up and got ready to go. We had to load up and head to the school. We got there in plenty of time and got really great seats! I met up with my Dad, Cindy and Katy for a few minutes and then settled in to watch my baby sister graduate from college! I am so proud! She is awesome! You just never know how your children/siblings are going to do when you send them off to school. You just have faith that they will stick to their morals and values and cling to what they have been taught. She has done so great! Meeting her friends was proof of that! She knew SO MANY people!







After the pomp and circumstance of the morning we were trying to find her, but because of the rain (and lots of rain) and tons of people, it was quite difficult! We finally found her and all was well. We met up with Dad and Cindy took a walk to the huge waterfall ON campus! It was beautiful and I am glad the rain stopped for a little bit so we got to see it! We then met up with Mom and the gang for a really nice lunch at the Cornerstone eatery. REALLY good sandwich shop! So nice! Dani got some gifts and felt like a queen. We gave her a new Vera Bradley purse and wallet….her first! She was SO shocked and excited!




Saturday we drove to Warner Robins and enjoyed the evening with my Dad and Cindy. It was nice to visit. We went to Southside for church on Sunday morning! It was awesome! I know we serve an Almighty God…BUT…I had no idea I was going to hear the EXACT sermon I needed to hear for this time in my life! Seriously! I am so thankful that God has got it all under control.

We went to lunch with mom and Larry at Cheddars after church. SO YUMMY! We went to see their new flooring in their house. SO nice! Then we were off!

We went to the grocery store as we got into Thomasville so we could just get it done and not have to go out again. RAIN RAIN and more RAIN. Nothing like unpacking in the rain. Well…Clint did most of it to which I am very thankful!

All in all we had a great trip and I am so thankful I was able to go.
I know that was a lot to read, but I am passing time!

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: